EBay pulls CANADIAN ITEM SAYS GOVERMENT ID YET LETS FRANCE AND UK SELL THE SAME THING

Why does EBay pull CANADIAN ITEM SAYS US GOVERMENT ID YET its a USA ARMY MEDAL that is being listed.... No id or picture is listed its just a ARMY MEDAL with no name and it is real.

YET EBAY LETS FRANCE AND OTHER COUNTRIES THE SAME THING.  I called eBay 3 times and one eBay operator says Canada must obey the rules of the United States as Canada is part of the USA. WHAT THE HELL??? Seriously??  I have been pushing for answers on this and eBay has been completely useless.

Anyone other Canadians have issues with this?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

EBay pulls CANADIAN ITEM SAYS GOVERMENT ID YET LETS FRANCE AND UK SELL THE SAME THING

Still no reply from Ebay and going on a week,
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Hello,

It is not E-Bay rules it is the US Government that you can not sell US Purple Heart Medals.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I think you should ask about this during the

Weekly Board Hour   

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Board-Hour-Session/bd-p/23000000073

eBay contracts customer service out to a call centre in the Philippines which is why you get answers from people who are clueless about the difference between Canada and the USA

The reason eBay blocks sales of US Military Medals is that ownership is non transferable.

The medals do not belong to the person they are issued to but belong to the US Government who can demand there return at any time.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Oh Silly Member they sell all the time...IN Canada, IN FRANCE, IN Britain...

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Yes...

Stolen property and prohibited items are frequently sold on eBay and other online venues but it doesn't mean it is legal correct or proper.

Instead of complaining about your inability to obtain clarification from eBay why did you not post on the weekly board hour as I suggested.

You started this thread at 1128pm on a Wednesday and a board hour commenced two hours later at 128pm

You could have communicated with an eBay staff member then.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I believe someone posted that US medals are loaned and not given. Ownership remains with the US Government and at least in theory cannot be sold by any one else.

Interesting idea.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

It is NOT just a US rule, its an eBay rule.

Not allowed: "Government-issued medals and certificates for medals, including the Air Force Cross, Congressional Medal of Honor, Distinguished Service Cross, Navy Cross, Purple Heart, or Silver Star. This also applies to a medal's associated buttons, ribbons, or rosettes."

eBay, as a venue, can allow, or not allow anything of their choice. Their choice is to not allow the sale of medals.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Not allowed: "Government-issued medals and certificates for medals, including the Air Force Cross, Congressional Medal of Honor, Distinguished Service Cross, Navy Cross, Purple Heart, or Silver Star. This also applies to a medal's associated buttons, ribbons, or rosettes."

Strangely, it only says that on ebay.COM.  I couldn't find the same statement on ebay.CA.  But if you're not allowed to sell US medals you would imagine the same rule would apply here.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

it has now been 3 weeks and ebay has not returned my calls.  When I called them total clueless Canada what? is that part of the USA? please.

When I placed add to my watch list 28 different medals such as purple hearts, silver stars, navy cross and others that are being sold by power sellers on Ebay   IN THE USA.

They  reply oh well our monitoring team is very small and cannot get to everyone. I said ok I have a listing of 28 go into my account and remove the postings. Been 2 weeks and the some of the items sold others are relisted and more restricted items are listed. 

I called again Friday and Ebay says if I keep calling about this they will revoke my account. hmmm now is that not interesting or what??

It appears Ebay is VERY BIAS against Canadians.  Took away our Ebay bucks and fail to follow through on report on violations.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

No. its called going to work.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Couple of thoughts NB. Odds are that eBay did not arbitrarily pull your listing, someone reported it.

Get over the thought about Canada. Canada does not exist in eBay lingo. We are under the VP for "Associated Markets. I am not making this up. They have a VP for non-countries "associated" with the USA.

Yeah, they keep track of phone calls. I asked about that.

You want a one-way ticket out and never coming back? Keep poking the tiger with a sharp stick.

Their game, their ball, their sandbox. They do not have to explain anything to any of us. No, it is not a free country.
Photobucket
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Well then I say bring on the News Media...Get some attention on this

Message 14 of 14
latest reply