Ebay won't let me pay :Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long

"Secure Connection Failed                                                        An error occurred during a connection to marketplaceadvisor.channeladvisor.com.SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)"

Is this a paypal issue? I know it has something to do with security verification, but the error message starts when I click to pay. Is it an issue with the certification of the seller, or ebay's own credentials? At any rate, I cannot pay for my item until this is resolved.

I have tried restarting my browser, logging out and logging back in. I suppose I could try turning the PC off and on again... 😉

That's pretty much it. Also, your tech support FAQs, being written for the lowest common denominator, are frusterating to sift through for anyone with minimal computer skills and actually get anywhere. I felt like I was on a merry-go-round listening to a broken record: not getting anywhere.

How about listing an email for specific tech support inquiries? Or, at least, an easily accessable link to the tech support boards and discussions. I suppose one could argue that I got to the boards so why am I complaining... but added to the extra aggrivation of not being able to actually pay for my item... I am just as impatient as anyone else in this culture of instant gratification and entitlement.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated! I know tech support can be a redundant, thankless job, so really, thank you. 🙂

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Ebay won't let me pay :Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long

Hmm, looked into it further, it appears that the third party 'MarketplaceAdvisor' is having technical issues. I'll have to try again tomorrow.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply