FEBRUARY 1 2017 Weekly Session WISH LIST

Once more, I am not an employee of ebay and I don't play one on TV.

It's been almost two months since ebay Canada held its last Weekly Session as a result of our point person, Raphael's, departure to greener pastures, I, like the rest of you, have been waiting patiently for a successor to be appointed so that we can resume open two-way communication with ebay Canada in Toronto.

I miss the Weekly Sessions. Therefore, I thought we might start a running list of issues we'd like to see addressed when a staff person is appointed to deal with us. Let's remember to keep it constructive, folks. Nothing below the belt.

This is what was left un-resolved form last week's post which can be found here: http://community.ebay.ca/t5/eBay-CA-Next-Generation/JANUARY-25-TH-2017-Weekly-Session-WISH-LIST/m-p/...

• Statement from ebay Canada addressed to Canadian buyers and Chinese sellers about major delays in shipping time as a result of Customs examining lettermail for smuggled illicit drugs, and position statement for federal government to consider exerting pressure on the Chinse government to ban export of the drugs in question (mjwl2006)
  • Clarification from ebay on the actual Paypal Shipping discounts now available to ebay sellers. Recent Announcement made it seem as if the discounts had been altered http://announcements.ebay.ca/2017/01/16/7939/ (pocomocomputing)
  • Clarification on policy around banned buyers being allowed to create new accounts to circumvent seller blocks (dutchman48)
  • Status of appointment of new ebay Weekly Board Hour rep (i.am.vivian)
  • ebay Canada Promos giving conflicting messages to users, depending on who is trying to activate them. Saying 'expired' as opposed to 'we didn't invite you to this' (pocomocomputing)
  • Clarification on the process of ebay Canada's shipping partners Canada Post, Paypal Shipping about whether seller still receives funds from postal damage claims in order to refund the buyer, or if the process has changed so that CPC refunds the monies to Paypal Shipping only which does not have the infrastructure in place (apparently) to actually give that money back to the seller who purchased the postage label and/or insurance on the parcel. If this is the case, it is a major shift with serious implications for ebay Canada sellers. (vintage north)
  • Explanation and elaboration of the process ebay follows when dealing with 'bad' buyers who have been reported for fraud and/or theft (handbags vogue)

As we can all see, the list grows ever-longer as time passes.

Hopefully, we will soon see the appointment of a person to take our concerns.

Anyone else with anything to add? Sometimes we can figure out solutions to problems ourselves, so let's have a go at it.....

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Anyone else with anything to add? 

Yes.  As I had been merely jesting with another member and in no way presuming to officially inquire about the "Status of appointment of new ebay Weekly Board Hour rep",  neither my user ID nor the assertion attributed to it actually belongs on this list.   :-)  

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Okey dokey. I'll edit it for next week to carry forward. I thought you were asking for real. Sorry! It is a legitimate issue.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Regarding the second point "Clarification from eBay on the actual PayPal Shipping discounts", it seems that eBay/PayPal made some changes to PayPal shipping. Just curious if at the same time if anything got fixed that was outstanding? Like Tracked Packet additional destinations added last year(s). Did you check mj? Most likely nothing was fixed but maybe something got done.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Those missing Tracked Packet destinations are still missing. I just checked again. That is of the 31 countries for which Canada Post offers Tracked Packet service to international destinations, Paypal Shipping and Pitney Bowes have missed 11 of the most recently-added. This was reported more than a year ago for fixing. It has not been fixed.

The following is a list of destinations served by Canada Post International Tracked Packet. The 'yes' or 'no' after the country designates whether Paypal Shipping has Tracked Packet available to print:

Austria NO
Australia YES
Belgium YES
Brazil NO
Croatia YES
Denmark YES
Estonia YES
Finland YES
France YES
Germany YES
Hong Kong NO
Hungary NO
Ireland YES
Iceland NO
Italy NO
Latvia YES
Lithuania NO
Luxembourg YES
Malaysia YES
Malta YES
Netherlands YES
New Zealand YES
Poland NO
Portugal NO
Singapore YES
South Korea NO
Spain YES
Sweden YES
Switzerland YES
Turkey* NO
United Kingdom YES
USA YES

However, proving the point that if you ignore a problem long enough, the need to see it fixed goes away, Canada Post has lowered their Solutions For Small Business rates for Tracked Packet to be lower than the cost to buy that label with Paypal Shipping for all its international destinations except perhaps Tracked Packet USA.

There is now no need whatsoever to use Paypal Shipping for Tracked Packet International postage purchases. 

I am printing all mine directly through Canada Post Electronic Shipping Tool (EST) and it's Stage One to dumping Paypal Shipping altogether. If I can get the same or better discounts with my Solutions for Small Business account (formerly known as Venture One) from Canada Post there is now no reason to involve Paypal Shipping at all. 

*Turkey has outlawed Paypal so accepting payments from that country is now tricky. Many sellers have blocked shipping to Turkey until the prohibition is lifted.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

mjwl2006 wrote:...However, proving the point that if you ignore a problem long enough, the need to see it fixed goes away, Canada Post has lowered their Solutions For Small Business rates for Tracked Packet to be lower than the cost to buy that label with Paypal Shipping for all its international destinations except perhaps Tracked Packet USA....

Citing sources: http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Canada-Post-shipping-to-the-UK-some-discount-comparisions...

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Does Canada Post EST now work on an iMac?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

It has worked for me the last five times I had to use it. I'm using Safari Version 10.0

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

If we ever get another weekly chat, hopefully it will be better than the new US chat people.

start reading some of them to see what I mean. A total joke and waste of time.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Clarification from ebay on the actual Paypal Shipping discounts now available to ebay sellers. Recent Announcement made it seem as if the discounts had been altered http://announcements.ebay.ca/2017/01/16/7939/ (

As far as I can tell I don't think that the announcement suggests any change in the discount amount.  The concern that poco brought up in another thread was corrected later in that thread.  

Explanation and elaboration of the process ebay follows when dealing with 'bad' buyers who have been reported for fraud and/or theft (handbags vogue)

Based on past experience on how eBay has handled this question and other similar questions, I'm sure that eBay will not elaborate or explain how they handle 'bad buyers' 

jmho

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

You're thinking of the discussion around Tracked Packet rates to UK. This is different. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hello.  This is my first time ever contributing to any of these posts.

I've been selling on ebay for over 15 years.  I do roughly 1,000 parcels per year.

I had always used paypal's shipping but for the past few months I have been using Canada Post's web site directly.

I am a small company so I have a Venture One card/account.

Canada Post has a new thing called Snap Ship which has pretty good pricing.

Bottom line .. using Canada Post instead of paypal for shipping costs me less, is easy to do once you get used to it, and paying

with my credit card, I get my credit card's points.  If I have a problem (lost, late, etc) it's easier to deal with when the shipping label

came from Canada Post direct (as opposed to via paypal).

The more one ships, the higher one's accumulated shipping total becomes and this moves you to a next level of savings. 

There are 4 tiers.  The more you ship .... the more you save.

So that's my opinion ... take a week to get used to Canada Post web site and you'll find that paypal shipping is somewhat pointless.

benhsports

Message 12 of 12
latest reply