Item Location Fustration

chrissmithto
Community Member

I have been looking for fishing lures being sold and shipped in Canada. A quick search from Canada only brings up a ton of results, but 90% of them are shipped from China. This should not be allowed as it is coming up in a canada only search. I would report these people but it would take about a year to do it because there are so many. Is this allowed?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Item Location Fustration

scifan57
Community Member

As long as a listing states the actual location of the item it is allowed.The sellers you are looking at are using Chinese dropshippers.The items show up in a Canada only search because the seller is located in China.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Item Location Fustration

scifan57
Community Member

Sorry,that should read"the items show up in a Canada only search because the sellers are located in Canada"

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Item Location Fustration

scifan57
Community Member

If you think that there is a case for item location misrepresentation,there is a report button in every listing.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Item Location Fustration

chrissmithto
Community Member

They do state in the Item Description that it is shipped from China, but I don`t think that Ebay should be letting people do that. If the item is not in canada it should not come up in a canada only search. It makes the " seach canada only" tab completely useless. Very fustrating. Ebay needs to review this policy or lack there of.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Item Location Fustration

Could you provide a few specific listing numbers where the location is shown as Canada but the seller ships from China.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Item Location Fustration

Here's an interim suggestion.

Set your Search to Highest Price First.

Since Chinese items tend to be very cheap (in all senses) they will now be at the bottom of the search rather than the top. And you only have to discard the expensive collector's items to get to your preferred group.

FWIW- if quality and price are not the problem, you may be worrying about the cost of returns on shoddy goods. If the seller is in Canada, returns are made to him, not to the Chinese shipper. Which could be the first time the seller sees the carp he has been pushing.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Item Location Fustration

For Pierre, ebay advanced search on "fishing lures" with location Canada

200605884526 Location DROP SHIPPING, Canada 🙂

120721666221 Location Somewhere in China, Canada 🙂

140545663837 Location Supplier, Canada

Just the first 3 listings, I checked more and they are repeats of the above Locations.

Seems like the sellers should be reported for a false location.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Item Location Fustration

chrissmithto
Community Member

Thanks pocomocomputing. So there you go, first 3 items in a canada only search are really shipped from china. Seriously at least 90% of all canada only listings are being sent from china. So is this allowed or is it in violation of a rule? I have pretty much given up on searching anymore because it is too fustrating.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Item Location Fustration

scifan57
Community Member

Misrepresenting an items location is a violation of ebay policy.Every listing contains a report button.You can report these listings if you choose.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Item Location Fustration

chrissmithto
Community Member

I would need about 100 helpers to report them all. There is literally thousands of listings. Is there a way to bring it to the attention of a ebay moderator or something that there is clearly a problem? I dont know if it is only in fishing tackle where this occurs, but probobly not.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Item Location Fustration

lotsacaats
Community Member

Hello there, about a week ago I listed my very first item on Ebay, a book which I wrote and illustrated myself. I must've done something wrong because I can't locate it on ebay even with a search, not even when I type in the actual title and have selected " books" as my category. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Kathy

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Item Location Fustration

scifan57
Community Member
Is this the listing in question?
[url http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Trolls-Christmas-/180824484346?pt=US_Childrens_Books&hash=item2a19faa9fa#ht_500wt_922][/url]
I had no trouble finding it using a keyword search.
Have you tried clearing your cache,cookies and browsing history?Have you tried another browser when doing the search?
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Item Location Fustration

" I can't locate it on ebay..."

Your item will NOT be found on eBay.com because it shows shipping within Canada only.

For the listing to be seen on eBay.com, it must show shipping to the USA in addition to Canada.

Many Canadian buyers still shop on eBay.com exclusively.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Item Location Fustration

bilge21
Community Member

For Pierre, ebay advanced search on "fishing lures" with location Canada

200605884526 Location DROP SHIPPING, Canada 🙂

120721666221 Location Somewhere in China, Canada 🙂

140545663837 Location Supplier, Canada

Just the first 3 listings, I checked more and they are repeats of the above Locations.

Seems like the sellers should be reported for a false location.

Looks like those 3 have been reported and taken down already. Ebay sure worked fast dealing with them.

Drives me batty when I am looking for strictly Canadian sellers and there's a flood of items from Canadian sellers but being dropshipped direct from China.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply

Item Location Fustration

bilge21
Community Member

Just did a check in that category and one seller claims to have warehouses both in Canada and China and most of his negatives are from customers not getting thier orders or taking too long to arrive.

Here's one of his 1300 listings he has up.

Item number:310382566315

Item location:supplier in China, Canada

Frankly, this should not be allowed and it probably isnt but I wonder if the seller is bypassing the rules by listing as being in both places?

If I wanted to find a Canadian seller, I should be able to search by Canada only and get nothing but actual Canadian sellers that actually have the items in Canada, not in China.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Item Location Fustration

Vintage thread from May 9, 2011

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Item Location Fustration

bilge21
Community Member

Vintage thread from May 9, 2011

Gah, I hate when that happens and I don't pay attention to the dates, lol.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Item Location Fustration

Cant ebay just put in another filter so if you want you can fillter the 'from' status also.

There are lots of reasons for this as a consumer. especially getting close to christmas and you want to make sure your delivery can get to you in time.

I want a canadian seller who is shipping from canada. 

When I select canada only I expect the 'from' section in the listing to also say canada

this is not an unreasonable request and also ensures that there are no delays in the item I am buying.

often times I buy something and there are other customs fees or it gets stuck at customs for weeks or months!

if you value your customers, give the option.

Canada only.

from = canada

and all this is moot.

Best,

Message 19 of 19
latest reply