Kalvin - unable to reply to post or start topic from iPad

wenrath
Community Member

I find my iPad really convenient for reading the discussion boards, but with these new boards I can't use it to reply to a post or start a new topic!  I'm pretty sure I was able to do these things on the old boards.

When I'm using iPad and I click the Reply button, most of the usual posting page comes up, but a couple of key areas don't work:

1) There is no tool bar.

2) I can't enter any text into the box where the main body of the message should go  (I CAN enter text into the subject line, but since I'm not allowed to create a blank post that doesn't help much.)

Interestingly, the Preview and Cancel buttons are properly displayed on the iPad. Here on the laptop where I am writing this post (Windows 7, IE 8), both those buttons are missing their bottom halves.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Kalvin - unable to reply to post or start topic from iPad

Did you try IE 8 compatibility mode?

There is a button to the right of the address bar at the top or go into Tools menu - Internet Options.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Sorry, dumb reply.  The iPad does not use IE8 ... 🙂

What are you using for a browser on the iPad? Apple Safari?

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

wenrath
Community Member

Yes, the iPad uses Safari - possibly a special version?

It's not a general Safari problem because I am typing this post on my son's Apple MacBook and it is working just fine. The Preview and Cancel buttons are fine here too.

I have encountered the same problem a couple of times before on the iPad - a few places where I want to enter text but the iPad doesn't recognize that it is supposed to be a text entry area.  But I'm pretty sure the problem didn't exist for the old eBay boards, so that's one more frustration with the new ones.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Did you try searching for iPad issues on eBay.com forums? Or a Google search?

Or ask in the eBay.com forum Technical Issues?

With the popularity of the iPad, any issues like you are having may have been found or similar issues that might help.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

wenrath
Community Member

eBay.COM still uses the old format discussion boards. The iPad works just fine there. I just successfully used my iPad to post this question on the .com Technical Issues forum. (Good suggestion, thanks!)

I might add that the only places I recall having this issue before were amateur websites run by volunteers.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

wenrath
Community Member
Many weeks later I am following up on this issue. If this post succeeds then the problem has magically been fixed. Never did get an answer...
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

wenrath
Community Member
Yup, looks like somebody tweaked something somewhere.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I can not find a way to start a new topic discussion so I'll take this route.  When I get to the start of my Ebay site before I "SIGN IN" there are a lot of items for sale with a picture.  One of these ads is for a red and white Christmas sweater.  I noticed the design on the sweater is of two stag deers in a mating posture.  Is this not a bit risque?

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

" two stag deers in a mating posture."

Kids playing...! 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply