Problem with seller

baggyssit
Community Member

I recently made a purchase from a seller in Toronto.

The seller had an option to pay by money order, it was cashed and item has been received.

The listing did not disclose damage to the item that the seller was aware of before shipping.

I have tried through email communication to resolve the issue but now the seller seems to be disinterested.

The listing # is 290550803809

I have suggested a method to seller to correct the situation to no avail.

Is there something I can do if anything to satisfactorily conclude this transaction before I leave negative feedback?

And a galaxy near you
Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Problem with seller

I mentioned the sellers feedback because over the past 8 years (just under), he has 11 negative, 14 neutral, 4 withdrawn on 719 feedback received. I found this to be very high.

One negative was a buyer mistake.

That is why I said that this seller's feedback did not inspire confidence.

I did the original research on eBay scanning older feedback then went to toolhaus.org to get a summary.

Message 21 of 39
latest reply

baggyssit
Community Member

I got another email from him today worried about the neg feedback I gave him. I think ebay is doing something to his selling account because of the resolution case input I gave when it was cancelled.

I told him I seen the lie he put into the resolution case about me returning the purchase for a refund.

I'm still trying to convince him to buy a part from another seller to fix the damage he knew about but didn't disclose in the listing.

He's trying to get me to settle for a refund that's less then half of what the part is worth.

I gotta admit I'm getting tired of trying to deal with him but he's not getting off the hook as easy as he thinks. And the beat goes on, la da da dee dee.

And a galaxy near you
Message 22 of 39
latest reply

baggyssit
Community Member

Ebay sent this to me about actions that may be taken against seller,

Our actions may include:Listing cancellationLimits on account privilegesAccount suspensionForfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listingsSelling fee schedule adjustmentsLoss of Powerseller statusReferral to law enforcement

And a galaxy near you
Message 23 of 39
latest reply

baggyssit
Community Member

Can't beleive this, another email plea from him asking to remove neg feedback with no mention of correcting the situation.

And a galaxy near you
Message 24 of 39
latest reply

"another email plea from him asking to remove neg feedback"

Be nice.  Explain the feedback will NOT be changed until you have received complete satisfaction.

You did not create the problem, the seller did.  It becomes his problem to fix it.

Message 25 of 39
latest reply

baggyssit
Community Member

Ya Pierre, that's what I did. I replied stating that I'll remove neg feedback when he sends me the part with tracking#. This has been bantering back and forth for 4 days now and he's not showing any indication so far that he's gonna try to fix the problem.

And a galaxy near you
Message 26 of 39
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member

There is a 30 day limit for feedback revision.All this dithering by the seller will probably use up the time.You might try reminding the seller of the 30 day limit.Remember do not even consider revising this seller's feedback until AFTER you have the part in your hands.

Message 27 of 39
latest reply

Would all this "bargaining" over the part for revised feedback not be considered feedback extortion by eBay by the buyer on the seller? Why can't the seller just report the buyer and then eBay would remove it?

This is a curiosity question and not meant to side with the buyer or the seller. From what is presented here, the buyer has been wronged by this seller. But from what I read, it is pushing the limits of feedback extortion as I understand it.

I would think the messages from the buyer to and from the seller would have to be very careful in the wordings.

Message 28 of 39
latest reply

Details of the official policy can be found here: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-extortion.html

I do not see a problem with the buyer rejecting a demand to revise the negative feedback until the problem has been solved.

Message 29 of 39
latest reply

From that ebay page

The buyer isn't allowed to threaten to use Feedback or detailed seller ratings in an attempt to force a seller into providing:

- Goods or services that weren't included in the original item's description or purchase price

- A refund

- A return  

It seems to me that requesting a part to fix the item in exchange for revising feedback is a buyer "threat". The policy was written for original feedback and not revising it seems.

If I was the seller, I would submit to eBay that the buyer was doing feedback extortion. But then again, I would have requested the return of the item for full refund and never got to this stage hopefully.

Again, I am not siding with the buyer or seller.  Just curious where this can go for future reference.

Message 30 of 39
latest reply

baggyssit
Community Member

This problem with the seller now has me worried about harassment.

I asked him in a reply to an email not to call me. I have stress related MS.

He called me again today and sent an email to remove the neg and still won't resolve the issue to my satisfaction.

If he calls again or emails me, can i report this as harassment. I don't want to deal with him anymore.

And a galaxy near you
Message 31 of 39
latest reply

Then ignore his calls and emails. Don't "bargain" with him any longer. Move on.

Message 32 of 39
latest reply

baggyssit
Community Member

I'm gonna block him from my hotmail account.

I want to thank everyone for their input and must say I've learned alot in this thread.

And a galaxy near you
Message 33 of 39
latest reply

terri*the*terrible
Community Member

I see his current listings still say that he accepts..

PAYMENT OPTIONS: Canada - M. O. or $$$ USA - International Postal M.O. or PayPal

Message 34 of 39
latest reply

OOOH! sneaky sneaky way to fool the 'bots.

I hope some lurker will Report his auctions for that evasive action.

Or that may be what eBay told the OP they were looking into.

Message 35 of 39
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you mind telling me what the heck is "a galaxy near you"?  I see it repeatedly here and don't understand what does it means?  Thanks.

Message 36 of 39
latest reply

hi honeybed1950,

Thanks for posting! What you are seeing is baggyssit's signature =]

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 37 of 39
latest reply

Sellers are not allowed to offer to accept "Cash" "Money Order" or "Cheques" except for local pickup.

A minor detail, but sellers can accept non-electronic payments, if the buyer offers. The seller cannot initiate a non-electronic payment, except of course for local pickup where the buyer can inspect the item before payment.

Message 38 of 39
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Sellers are not allowed to offer to accept "Cash" "Money Order" or "Cheques" except for local pickup.

A minor detail, but sellers can accept non-electronic payments, if the buyer offers. The seller cannot initiate a non-electronic payment, except of course for local pickup where the buyer can inspect the item before payment.

I KNOW this thread is 100 years old but this same seller is still doing it. LOL!  New sellers can be excused for getting things totally wrong, and especially when MOs, checks, and cash were common and then replaced by PayPal.  But after all these years??  And they might have a B&M store but are definitely not selling enough on THIS id to justify charging tax and I doubt they are registered anyway, not by the way everything else is such a mess.  There's a laptop that looks like it was photographed on a used and wrinkled bedsheet.  Some listings say "insurance is $2 extra" except that sellers are not supposed to add extra after the sale for insurance, I didn't think so anyway.  From the FB comments when there's a problem it's "you didn't buy the insurance".  Does that ever stink.  

Yuck.  What a gouger!  

charges.jpg

Message 39 of 39
latest reply