Winter Community Updates

CmtyGuide@ebay.com
Community Member

Good morning,

Starting tomorrow afternoon, we should be seeing the next set of updates / maintenance on the Community Site.

There may be some site instability or slowness as these are rolled out so if you are on around these times please expect minor disruption.

Features being updated are:

Post Form:

·      New upload flow for image, video, document and audio on the post form.

·      Minimize white space on post form column

·      Modest updates embedded video player and new audio player:

·      Simplified Image Placement for Post Forms: Uniformity for where photos can be placed within the post and where text can go around the images.

·      Increase default font

Styling/CSS: Bug Fixing and General Improvements

·      Added persistent Ask Question link on the find answer/ask question flow.

·      Display total vote count to polls when viewing related replies

·      Removed signatures from displaying within quoted text and created improved distinguishing of signature/content separation

·      Fixed issue with Return key or Backspace and the reply form

·      Increased separation of space between "View Messages"/"New Answers"

·      Fixed overlap on Delete and Compose button in private messages

·      Cut/Paste related issues with text editor

·      Repositioned "Me Too" button and hid scroll button on Answer Center UI

·      Fixed bug relating to “Open” groups access

·      "Most Recent Answer" sorting to return results with at least one answer

·      Updated display of quoted text in Ask & Answer preview

·   Corrected display and alignment of edit post screen

·      Corrected parameter issue allowing proper display of page #, next links and sort

·      Post Forum/Editor Changes – Fixed Font family and font size features consistency issues (applies to sites with color/size options), improved alignment and white space

·      CSS updates to correct conflicts with message wrap, button overlap, and report abuse dropdown menus, and groups photo albums.

·      Corrected styling on My Activity tab in Answer Center

·      Reformatted Top Rated questions in Answer Center to avoid truncating right side

·      Updated format of buttons for Report Abuse dropdown

·      Misc. IE8/IE9 specific CSS improvements.

·      Corrected 'Refer to Photo' functionality in Groups Topic threads

·      Fixed pagination page count on Groups Member list

·      Updated Groups Announcement editor to retain formatting

·      Expanded subject field to match message field width on edit photo album

·      General Security Updates

We'll leave this thread open for reports of issues with these features and close it in a few days time once we're done.

Regards,

eBay Community Guide

eBay Community Guides help you find what you need in eBay Community, but do not offer advice on other eBay features, or engage in conversation. Find out more about eBay Community and how it works here: Community Help Page.
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Winter Community Updates

It would be nice if you would start posting updates on all changes when you make them.

For example you discontinued the WANT IT NOW and there was no notice of any kind.

The Want It Now policies still show up in the Help section but you cannot access the Want it Now pages to post or read the posts.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Winter Community Updates

Anonymous
Not applicable

OH man, every time you do that, you always screw things up for us.

Remember:  "If it is not broken, don't fix it"!!

I beleive that there are lots of them are not being broken, so why need to "fix them"????

Please leave thing as they are, they are fine. 

You only need to "fix them" is to put all of us in higher search capability to be fair to all of us.  That is include when we using "relist" or use "similar item" into higher search capability. 

I just found out that by doing that you put us in lower search capability that is a dirty business on your part making us paying the insertion fees over and over and over and over and over and over and over.   To me that is "stealing" from us by doing that!! 

Thanks.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Winter Community Updates

Hi ..like the changes made but have a question regarding top member points that now are related only to the posts for the past year.. ie .. at 12 months  , drop off as posts delete , as opposed to those reflected in members profile.

Truly matters less to me as i have been a regular responder long before points were introduced but seeing points reduce rather than increase , may have been a factor for others who are no longer answering questions.Am aware that others have asked why. Lots of experienced folks on our Boards but few who assist the Answer Center.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Winter Community Updates

I have found an issue with the new forums.

When creating a new topic or replying to an existing topic, if you Preview and then go back to edit again for corrections, then post, the corrections are lost after the Preview. 

This does not happen all the time. I only notice when there is a major correction. Small typos I may not notice.

This has happened at least 3 times that I know of.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Winter Community Updates

Interesting. I had previewed my previous post and then went back and added a line and then posted. The additional line after Previewing was lost.

I am using FireFox 17.0.1 with Windows XP SP 3 with all updates. I regularly clear my computer cache an cookies before each browser session using free CCleaner.

I never had this issue before the latest forums changes.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Winter Community Updates

Hi from the UK. Smiley Happy

I hope you won't mind if I try your new GUI and wonder if the UK will have the same format?

I hope we have a better selection of smilies though?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Winter Community Updates

Can I ask a few questions?

I'm wondering how the system is supposed to work as I see people labelled as "Newbie" and one member has over 1600 posts but has the label "Newbie". That's a bit insulting really?

I wondered if it had anything to do with F/B but the poster had over 20,000 F/B so it can't be that?

Has anyone got any idea how it works as I see another member labelled "Community Member"?

I see I'm supposed to have registered today? I had over 10,000 posts by 2004 so I wonder how far back the post count will go?

Where's the F/B count gone for each ID, is it hiding someplace else?

Over in the UK we had a Board "The Next Generation" when there was the last platform change about two years ago but the name of the board was changed to "The Community Board".

http://community.ebay.co.uk/forum/Ebay-Uk-Community/1100000001

We're all wondering what new torment ebay has in store for us when this new platform is rolled out in the UK and I'm pleased to see one option which I've been asking for over many years has been included, an "edit" feature which gives you a short time to correct any silly mistakes.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Winter Community Updates

Hi CD, fancy meeting you here.Woman Very Happy

I've had a quick look and managed to enlarge the text.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Winter Community Updates

Hiya Margie.

Lots of things to play with here. I wonder if the UK will be exactly the same?

Is the above big enough? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/seekyfind/clap.gif

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Winter Community Updates

I think so, there's one more bigger one I think.

have to have a play around.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply