eBay.com landing page asks if you want eBay Canada instead

image.jpeg

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: eBay.com landing page asks if you want eBay Canada instead

Please excuse the photograph of my screen. I'm experiencing technical difficulty today. 

Nonetheless, I'm happy to see this intervention. I think some buyers in Canada are unaware eBay Canada is an alternative. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

About time.  I think it'll save a lot of headaches, people who get currencies confused, see wrong shipping fees, buy from sellers who don't want to ship here, etc.  Most of those things are blocked now anyway but there are still those who run into problems shopping on the 'wrong' site.  

The Amacompetitor has had that for years, directing .com users to the Canadian site.  Finally eBay has added it.  

I like this bit, I hope they keep it, 

buy.jpg

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Not new to see this type of question.

They had a similar question popup when you logged into eBay.com years ago asking if you wanted to login to eBay Canada if you had a Canadian registered account. But it had an option to never be asked again so most eBayers would block the question after receiving it. I think it might have been cookie based so if one cleared their cookies the question would be asked again. Not sure on that cookie thing thing it might have been remembered in the eBay account..

Message 4 of 4
latest reply