seller feedback

Hi,

in my auctions I clearly list the shipping price, and how long it will take for a package to get to the buyer, and I tell all buyers if they find the prices, or shipping to much................and if they don't feel they can leave a 5 star feedbacks, please don't bid............on or buy my item...............

so what bugs me is the fact that even tho its all listed there, people buy it , and then leave a lower rating for shipping cost, and other things........I awnser all emails, and keep in great contect with all buyers, yet they leave a lowing rating..............

and whats worst it that ebay takes those ratings to grade us for fee's.............so the more people that lie when leaving the star ratings...........the more money ebay can make.........................

if a buyer agrees to the item price, item shipping cost, and you keep in great contect with the buyer, the buyer should not beable to leave lower ratings, ebay should do away with that system as it is very unfair............

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

seller feedback

"and if they don't feel they can leave a 5 star feedbacks, please don't bid"

It would be nice if every buyer would leave 5 across the board for every transaction.  I wish.

On the other hand, it is unfair to suggest a buyer MUST agree to leave DSRs of 5 before they have received and inspected the merchandise.

Your listings (offering to ship to USA only) read:

we have no control over custom charges for USA buyers, and no control of how long your item will take to get to you once the post office has it.We Offer fair prices for our products, some of them are hard to find items. USA & Canadain Shipping is not only the postage cost but also packaging and envelop, label etc. Not to mention the hand filled Custom forms and the trip to the post office and EBay and PayPal fees. Buyers Before Purchasing the item from us please note the shipping and handling cost. If you think it is too expensive please don't buy from us. THIS ITEM CAN BE COMBINED WITH OTHER SMALL ITEMS FOR THE COMBINED SHIPPING RATE. BUT MUTIPLES OF THIS ITEM & OTHER EXTRA LARGE ITEMS SUCH AS ENGINES, RADIO SYSTEMS, & MONSTER  TIRES  WILL BE CHARGED AT A HIGHER COMBINED SHIPPING RATE NOTED BELOW DUE TO SIZE & WEIGHT & HANDLING IS CALCULATED ON THE ITEM WITH THE HIGHEST SHIPPING & HANDLING FIRST, & THEN A SMALL FEE FOR EACH ADDITIONAL ITEM (handling is a small fee to help pay for shipping & Packaging costs) If you find the shipping high, or don't feel like you can leave a Top 5 Star Feedback.................................please Don't bid on my AUCTION.

Quite frankly, I suggest you revise your terms to be more "buyer friendly".  You will get more business and your DSRs (4.9, 4.9, 4.8, 4.8) may even improve.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

seller feedback

Hi, the only way you can avoid being rated on your shipping charge, according to new Ebay rules, is to offer, free shipping. The buyer does not have the option of rating you on the shipping, if the shipping is free. A lot of sellers are adding the shipping costs to their auction prices. Not a good idea for Canadian sellers. It just makes it almost impossible to compete against U.S. sellers and other countries that offer cheaper shipping rates.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

seller feedback

terri*the*terrible
Community Member

In Ontario we have Christmas in December so I was surprised to read that it is still "The Christmas Season" in Newfoundland.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/TEAM-ASSOCIATED-MGT-truck-body-TMAXX-HPI-savage-losi-/250818248884?pt=Radio_Contr...

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

seller feedback

thank you!

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

seller feedback

thanks

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

seller feedback

In Ontario we have Christmas in December so I was surprised to read that it is still "The Christmas Season" in Newfoundland. 

http://cgi.ebay.ca/TEAM-ASSOCIATED-MGT-truck-body-TMAXX-HPI-savage-losi-/250818248884?pt=Radio_Contr... 

Wow, what a negative sounding listing.  More words are spent about rules that cannot be enforced and complaining about buyers, eBay and bad seller experiences. Remove all that and have a positive sounding listing and you will probably double sales which would more than pay for the occasional bay buyer loss. It would make it easier to read quickly.

PS How can the item condition be New but listed as used? 

Dusty and a few scratches from hanging around my hobby room ....great shape!! new.......NEW BUT BEING SOLD AS USED  

This is meant as positive criticism to help you. Spend more listing space on good buyers and not the occasional bad buyer.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

seller feedback

LMFAO.............

with new toys and parts coming in almost everyday, its like christmas here all year long!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only started selling a few things i don't need last fall...............I like buying a lot more............and don't enjoy the selling game at all.....................the fees are crazzy, and some buyers will never be happy............

I'm into most things RC...............all of the 4 wheeled models like, cars/trucks/truggys/buggys....ect, boats, planes, motorcycles,helis................all in electric, nitro and gasers...

no hobby store's anywhere near, to get to a good hobby store it takes a 3 hour drive, then a 7 to 8 hour ferry ride, then 3 more hours drive, then a 2 hour ferry ride, the about another hour to hour and a half drive..............thats one way, and not counting the waiting for the ferrys............lol

so i have my own private hobby sttore just for me...........and have nothing under $175,000 into my hobby...........

if you want to see pics of my hobby gear, I'm RCcrazzy TWOmany on rccanada.com and facebook

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

seller feedback

thank you for all the advice...............and please remember, that i only asked a quection, so don't be chopping me down to much............

i will be changing my auctions in the coming days..................any of you what to show me what you would say in a auction????????????????????????

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

seller feedback

if a buyer finds the shipping to high, or the price to high, why would they buy it or bid on it?

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

seller feedback

I and others do not want to harshly criticize your listings. A seller can sometimes get caught up in all the issues of selling on eBay and add too much "rules" that do help selling the item.

Deadbeat buyers and buyers who want to cheat you will always be there. Perhaps the description will scare them off but how many good buyers will it deter also.

Retail brick and mortar stores have shoplifting issues but they do not greet a customer at the store saying they will prosecute them if they shoplift.  There ma be discreet signs saying shoplifters will be prosecuted but no more than that.

Same for your listings.  Make them about the item, combined shipping policies, return policy, whatever will inform the buyer on buying the item.

When you have an issue, then use the existing eBay/PayPal methods to try and recover your loss. Expect to lose once in a while and do not get uptight over it. You should get additional sales from the more positive buyer experience to help cover the losses.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

seller feedback

I and others do not want to harshly criticize your listings. A seller can sometimes get caught up in all the issues of selling on eBay and add too much "rules" that do NOT help selling the item.

Correction

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

seller feedback

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

seller feedback

if a buyer finds the shipping to high, or the price to high, why would they buy it or bid on it?

They may really want the item so they buy it. But..that doesn't mean that they have to like what they paid for shipping. Many sellers hide a portion of the shipping in the price so that it seems as if the buyer is paying less in shipping. People in general have no idea how expensive postage can be...especially when you are shipping from Canada.

Is there any reason that you don't ship within Canada? Your listings have shipping to the U.S. only.

Suggestion..You should use spell check on your listings. 🙂

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

seller feedback

hockey_card_corner
Community Member

I'll tell you what bugs me, ebay charging the FVF on shipping..the one that tops it off for DSR's is the SHIPPING TIME dsr. They need to change this to HANDLING TIME..then buyers would truly give ratings based on how long it took the seller to mail.

I, nor any other seller have control over Canada Post or USPS, so why should the seller get rated on their delivery standards???. WE shouldn't! but eBay has ignored this and for someone who goes the extra distance to please a customer I feel sorta ripped off! I know it sounds trivial, but seriously something this simple should be changed now..

Enjoy the rest of your weekends!

Message 15 of 20
latest reply

seller feedback

because some people just like to complain   😞

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

seller feedback

35vblue
Community Member

Sympathize but realistically given a five-point scale, you can't just assume you'll get five points. Don't obsess over that at all. As long as you continue to sell who cares the star # or feedback %.

What annoys me more is getting a negative feedback that makes no sense. Give me honest feedback--positive, neutral or negative--but don't whine about a shipping method when I clearly state in the description how the item will be shipped and offer optional ways of packing/sending plus ask potential buyers/bidders to e-mail me before they purchase anything.

Basically, the 5 to 10% out there are just plain dumb and don't read. What can you do? The masses after all have made Justin Bieber a star. What does that say for people's sense of anything?

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

seller feedback

Because people don't read. I get people bidding and they think it's "free shipping" but read the danged listing. It's "free for local pickup only."

Our education system, my friend, and the lack of strictness in not pausing before reacting.

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

seller feedback

I have a REAL problem with the whole rating system.  Why as a buyer should I have to provide positive feedback before the item has even been received?  How do I know the product is as advertised when I haven't received it?  And for some sellers to "expect" a 5-star rating is just as dumb.  Don't sell if you "expect" a 5-star rating every time.

An example:  A seller said they ship within 1 day of receiving cleared payment.  I bought on a Monday and paid on a Monday, yet the seller didn't ship until Friday.  Shouldn't I be able to give him a low rating for shipping?

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

seller feedback

I have a REAL problem with the whole rating system.  Why as a buyer should I have to provide positive feedback before the item has even been received?  How do I know the product is as advertised when I haven't received it?

If buyers all gave feedback before they received their item then there wouldn't be any point to feedback. It's not expected that a buyer do that so I'm not sure why you are doing that for all or most of your purchases.

An example:  A seller said they ship within 1 day of receiving cleared payment.  I bought on a Monday and paid on a Monday, yet the seller didn't ship until Friday.  Shouldn't I be able to give him a low rating for shipping?

Yes, of course you should be able to give him a lower rate for shipping if they said they would ship within one business day and did not ship for a few days. Keep in mind that sellers do not always mark an item as shipped right away so make certain that it really wasn't shipped within their stated handling time. 

Please don't give a lower rating if the seller shipped within one day but it took 3 weeks for the post office to deliver it. Many buyers think that shipping time means how long it took them to receive the item but they should be rating the seller's performance, not fast the post office.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply