what is everyones opinion of this new format? I think it is awful

I find this very difficult to follow and read, no dates once you open a posting, and all confluted

Message 1 of 99
latest reply
98 REPLIES 98

Re: what is everyone's opinion of this new format? I think it is awful

karl*katz wrote:

Okay I give...

How do you add a profile image ???

I believe it comes from your eBay feedback page... go to your eBay "My World" page to add your profile image.

ive no idea how to quote, so, you just do the copy and paste thing now?

also, is there a way to click onto the last post read?

btw, thx for the tip on the avis, want to square mine off

Photobucket
Message 41 of 99
latest reply

To quote, click on the big blue Quote link that's above the Reply text-entry box, on the right, next to the Spell Check button.

The option to go to the first new post is in:

My Settings, Preferences, Linear Layout, "Jump to first unread post in a topic."

Its behavior seems inconsistent, but that might just be in topics (which I can't stop calling "threads") that I had read before I set up the option.

Message 42 of 99
latest reply

Thanx for the response

joz*garage :

I was begining to think no one was going to answer ...

Running off to try your suggestions

Canuck1

Message 43 of 99
latest reply

Thankx it worked...

I need a magnifyiing glass..

But it worked    Smiley LOL

Message 44 of 99
latest reply

Also Thank You

Sandypurins ....

You answered two days ago and I missed it.

My Bad  

Message 45 of 99
latest reply

???

Message 46 of 99
latest reply

nobody*s_perfect wrote:

My Settings, Preferences, Linear Layout, "Jump to first unread post in a topic."

Its behavior seems inconsistent, but that might just be in topics (which I can't stop calling "threads") that I had read before I set up the option.

Regarding the "Jump to first unread post in a topic" preference... is it working correctly?

If I have unread posts in a topic, it works fine... clicking on the topic title will position me at the first unread post.

If I have no unread posts in a topic, it does not work correctly... clicking on the topic title will position me at the first post on the first page when it should position me at the last post on the last page.

Would it be better to have the preference jump to the last read post in a topic?

Message 47 of 99
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

To quote, click on the big blue Quote link that's above the Reply text-entry box, on the right, next to the Spell Check button.

oh i see it now, used to be on the tool bar

& thanks you very much for showin' us to how to check the settings 

Photobucket
Message 48 of 99
latest reply

@karl*katz wrote:

Thanx for the response

joz*garage :

I was begining to think no one was going to answer ...

Running off to try your suggestions

Canuck1

hi karl, a 10 minute reply was extremely quick compared to the cafe, hardly any traffic there now!?

Photobucket
Message 49 of 99
latest reply

hi 🙂

Message 50 of 99
latest reply

The new format? Doesn't like it very much. Haven't been here since the first day. I went to the .com boards instead. I guess it will take some time to get used to it.... As someone here mentioned, I really don't like the emoticons either. Too complicated to type. 😞

Message 51 of 99
latest reply

Considering that the previous format, still at the main ebay site, is hideous and awful, this new layout is luxury. Still, I'd like to be able to change the background colour from white to anything. I just don't like staring at white. I get too aware of my eyeball defects.
Message 52 of 99
latest reply

I liked the old forums eBay US had a few years ago. The colors were softer. All this gray and white stinks. And there are too many gadget thingys.

What's wrong with just having one font in black 14pt, the ability to add photos with a 250 kb limit, add a link, and have B I U. No siggies, either. People could get their point across, the pages would load faster, and there'd be less that could go wrong.

And these new emoticons--P.U.!! Cat Indifferent Man Indifferent Robot Indifferent Smiley Indifferent Woman Indifferent

Message 53 of 99
latest reply

this format may be slightly better than the most recent look

But it was much better before that

Message 54 of 99
latest reply

What I miss is being able to see the poster's "experience".

I would answer a question much differently for someone who just found eBay than for someone who bought Pierre's first Pez dispenser.

Also when a poster is asking about his listings, I find it a chore to find his listings (I've been pasting names into Advanced Search -Seller, then going to the feedback page and checking out FB as a Seller and then See Listings. Is there a better way?)

But of course, the most important reason for having the old identifiers is that I am nosy. Deal with it.

Message 55 of 99
latest reply

Okay this is peculiar.

I opened another window under another ID (I also post as reallynicestamps, which is no secret) and posted a reply while this window was still open. My purpose, besides lending a helping hand to a confused newbie with my great wisdom, was to find out if my other icon was showing up.

Oddly, although the other window was open to the alternate ID, my answer posted as femmefan1946. 

"Huh" - Malcolm Reynolds

Message 56 of 99
latest reply

Am "seeing double" posting on both U.S. and CA "New Comunity" forums...  wink.gif

Uploaded image-post TEST:

Morning_Glory-TRIPLICATE_3-D_-_0870_0871.JPG

Do like Lithium's new 3-tabbed post-reply form better than clunky LiveWorld version.

◄◄ ►►

Message 57 of 99
latest reply

Can post VIDEOS on forums now?!?!? Robot surprised 

Oh yeah!!! cool.gif

The ♫ NAMESAKE ♫ Song ♪ + ♫ Slide-Show ♫

◄◄ ►►

Message 58 of 99
latest reply

Cluttered in the user box. 

Spoiler
What is this? Spoiler tag? Interesting. 

I'm taking a screen shot after I post to show how cluttered the same post looks in the new format, as opposed to the former format. 

Message 59 of 99
latest reply

That success button is going to get annoying. Does it show up after every new post?
Message 60 of 99
latest reply