Has Ebay gone insane?

A while back customer said he did not receive 3 books I printed. Went to ebay and complained he did not receive them. Then I countered with : I printed them will send out more copies. Ebay instead gave him a refund and sent my - $80 acct to collections? **bleep** ?

Second unrelated thing. I have about a dozen items listed on Saved Searches. They send me emails with new listings. So many are wrong. For example I am looking for a 73 Buick taillight. My search comes in with air cleaners , antennas and other **bleep**. For months I complained about these via their reporting system. Guessing the seller is manipulating the searches... Todays Saved Search email tells me nothing has changed, My Taillight saved search gets me two cheesy antennas.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Has Ebay gone insane?

On the first problem-- hindsight is 20/20, but if we cannot prove Delivery (ie use a Delivery Confirmed or tracked service), eBay will find in favour of the buyer.

And if you look at comments to buyers with INR disputes, the posters here, most of us sellers, do NOT recommend that a buyer accept an offer of a replacement. We should note that this is mostly because Chinese scammers have discovered that naive buyers will accept such offers and allow deadlines to pass.

With a bulky parcel (the books are physical, right?) and a value of $80, and again 20/20 hindsight, using a service like ExpressPost or Expedited Parcel would have been sensible.

On Saved Searches-- I cannot comment without weeping.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Has Ebay gone insane?

ca_cunn
Community Member

You aren't the only one they are messing with. Cancelled my account tonight. Spending way to much time fixing their issues.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Has Ebay gone insane?

Using a trackable shipping method was an option given the buyer but he declined due to cost, I researched the buyer and found of off ebay complaints about him. This was not an ebay sales thing, but a paypal thing.  So here I sit with 100% positive feed back  ten years of sales  and not trusting ebay. And Canada not part of China...yet

And yes the ebay searches make me weep also, since I  complained to them about the problem for months.

I have about a hundred thousand $$ of vintage car parts, and have found a ebay alternative that is working.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Has Ebay gone insane?

I am keeping my 100% positive feedback acct. Selling other places on line, Using the ebay acct feed back as a 'reference'

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Has Ebay gone insane?

Would love to know what alternative is working?

regards

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Has Ebay gone insane?

ebay is insane since they still have not removed the global shipping scam, and now they are trying to scam us on exchange rates with the usd removal.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Has Ebay gone insane?

You should make the call whether to use tracking or not. Tracking is for your protection, not the buyers.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Has Ebay gone insane?

Right on! Before the .CA change my sales were FLAT. Well now they are FLATTER with very little response and NO bids. Now I am being shafted on the exchange. It just is not worth it anymore and I am seriously considering giving up on ebay.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Has Ebay gone insane?

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 10
latest reply