Does this happen often I wonder!.

rdmidd
Community Member

I purchased a camera  ,Mine was the only low 1st bid. . Paypal has just notified me that my money has been refunded as the seller notified them that he dropped the camera While packing it.Could be true. But it makes me wonder If the bidding had gone far higher that the seller would have been a bit more careful.  roy middleton 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

With 800 million listings and about a 40% sale rate, 'accidents' will happen.

Of course, fewer would happen if eBay did not encourage new sellers to list items for auction at prices way below what the seller will find acceptable.

You could just shrug and move on, or you could leave appropriate feedback.

Depends on how you value your karma.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Watch that sellers listings for a while. See if exact same camera, with same picture is posted again.

Not that you could prove anything, but might be worth your time to see what happens...

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It does happen. While yes, I'm sure that sometimes the seller is trying to get a higher bid and doesn't want to sell for a lower bid, a lot of sellers are truthful.

I had a buyer last week purchase 2 separate figurines from me. Not expensive, about $15 each. I packaged it the night I received payment, and put in my car for the next day. The next morning I went to my university to attend class and was planning on going to the PO after class to drop off my 3 bags of parcels. When I was finished class and I went back to my car, in my excitement of finishing class, I threw my knapsack full of 600 page accounting textbooks into the back seat where my bag of parcels was. Completely squished one of the figurines.

Long story short, stuff happens.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

robroymidd
Community Member

As mentioned  in 1st post. AFTER  I purchased this camera in good faith  I also purchased 2 batteries That only fit this model The seller says "That's my problem as he has now refunded my money. for the camera . after the purchase of the batteries. though . I've bills with time & dates  if I go further with this .But-- Is it worth it Roy middleton

Message 5 of 5
latest reply