How long before reports are seen and acted on?

bilgord
Community Member

Last week I reported a seller with his contact information in the listings to avoid ebay fees for local buyers.

How long before staff sees these and takes action?  This is prohibited on ebay isn't it?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Typically it may take a few days for eBay to notice and advise the seller to make changes if, in their opinion, there was an infraction requiring revision.

If the seller has not made the change within a reasonable period of time (a week or two) eBay may impose sanctions.

I have looked into the listings and, quite frankly, I am not sure if there is an infraction.  Sellers are not allowed to show their email address but telephone numbers are a "grey area".  But, once again, it is for eBay to decide.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Cool, then I guess I'll list all my stuff that I want to sell local, include my phone number, and ignore transactions through ebay.  Another free advertising site to list everything on.

/sarcasm

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The fact a telephone number is included in a listing does NOT imply, as you do, that the seller is trying to avoid paying eBay fees.

That is your interpretation, the way you see it.  I do not see it that way and I guess most readers here do not see it that way.

Most sellers are honest and pay their eBay fees.  The fact that some users may take advantage of such situation is unfortunate.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 5
latest reply