Quebec

No eBay Joy for me apparently: I LIVE IN  QUEBEC

@eBay: PLEASE don't send me ads for a contest I can't participate in because of where I live.

I have $20,000,000 dollars for you! ... oh, never mind: you don't live in QUEBEC!!!!

😉

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Quebec

Thanks for your unsolicited advice!

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

Quebec

No, the law isn't there to protect us from scams.  We can't even use some coupons in Quebec.  They just hate everything that has something to do with English.  Why is it that we can enter contests given through companies based in Quebec?  I live in Quebec and have missed out on plenty of contest opportunities as well as saving money with coupons from companies outside of Quebec.

They use the excuse that they want to protect us.  Laughable.  

I bash Quebec and anywhere else if it infringes on basic rights. 

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

Quebec

sorry guys, I really didn't mean to spout off like that and I can't delete my comment.  I guess I'm still angry that the PQ spent the 18 months or so that they were in power to make everybody's life miserable who isn't French in this province.  Viva la pasta!!!  AARGH! lol

I read all the comments and I agree, it isn't up to Ebay to cater to a province's ludicrous laws.

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

Quebec

Unfortunately, if I was a company and having a contest, I would exclude Quebec too. If you read all the rules and regulations and fees and monetary expenses companies have to pay in order to offer these contests to the people of Quebec, you wouldn't either.  It's unfortunate for us, but it's very much understandable.

Why do you think there are items companies won't put on our shelves? Too much money to spend for companies to offer them to us.

And yes, Quebec has it's problems, but it's a wonderful place, with great people, and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. 

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

Quebec

Can't believe it.  Quebec bashing even on eBay.

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

Quebec

Francois, perhaps you missed the entire point of almost every post - there was no bashing, just criticism. There's a difference, so don't be so sensitive and go have yourself a Pepsi and a May West!

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

Quebec

"and go have yourself a Pepsi and a May West!"

Smiley Happy

I had not seen that expression in many decades!

Personally I preferred Root Beer and May West but... that was a very long time ago.  I left Quebec with my wife and young child in June 1970 when they started planting bombs in mailboxes (well ahead of the October crisis).

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

Quebec

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 28 of 28
latest reply