Updates to the eBay user agreement

xeposter
Community Member

eBay just updated their user agreement this morning:

Key updates to the eBay User Agreement:

• Using eBay: While eBay is committed to measuring our sellers’ performance fairly, we also expect sellers to consistently provide service that results in a high level of buyer satisfaction. We’ve updated this section to indicate that sellers who fail to meet our minimum performance standards may have their accounts limited, restricted, suspended, or downgraded.
  • Returns and Cancellations: We’ve updated this section to state that, for new sellers, in all listings where returns are accepted, eBay will set a default rule that automates the return process. As before, sellers can still customize their return preferences from their account settings in My eBay, and may choose not to accept returns when listing.
  • Legal Disputes: We’ve made some minor changes to our dispute resolution policy. Please see the updated User Agreement for details.

Alex

http://announcements.ebay.com/2016/04/updates-to-the-ebay-user-agreement-4/

This is my POSTING id.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

This is ebay.ca Canada. Please post any references to the 2016 Spring Seller Update from the Canada site.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@x..e wrote:

• Using eBay: While eBay is committed to measuring our sellers’ performance fairly, we also expect sellers to consistently provide service that results in a high level of buyer satisfaction. We’ve updated this section to indicate that sellers who fail to meet our minimum performance standards may have their accounts limited, restricted, suspended, or downgraded.
  • Returns and Cancellations: We’ve updated this section to state that, for new sellers, in all listings where returns are accepted, eBay will set a default rule that automates the return process. As before, sellers can still customize their return preferences from their account settings in My eBay, and may choose not to accept returns when listing.
  • Legal Disputes: We’ve made some minor changes to our dispute resolution policy. Please see the updated User Agreement for details.

Alex

You missed a key part of the announcement above.

Our updated User Agreement will take effect on April 5, 2016 for new users and on May 19, 2016 for all other users. The updated User Agreement was posted on eBay.com on April 5, 2016.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

@x..e wrote:

Alex

You missed a key part of the announcement above.

Our updated User Agreement will take effect on April 5, 2016 for new users and on May 19, 2016 for all other users. The updated User Agreement was posted on eBay.com on April 5, 2016.

Smiley Indifferent *facepalm*

This is my POSTING id.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 5
latest reply