eBay Canada Head Testifies Before Canadian House Of Commons

Hello Canadian eBayers,

Recently, eBay Canada's managing director Andrea Stairs testified before the Canadian House of Commons Standing Committee on Government Operations during a budget consultation hearing. Here is an article on eBay Main Street where you can read the details:

http://www.ebaymainstreet.com/news-events/ebay-canada-head-testifies-canadian-house-commons

You might find a fellow board regular mentioned as well!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Yay Maureen - you go girl.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you. I am feeling quite honoured to be mentioned in this. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

"Andrea Stairs, Managing Director of eBay Canada, testified before the Canadian House of Commons Standing Committee on Government Operations during a budget consultation hearing on October 31.

At the hearing, Andrea provided eBay’s perspective on next steps the Canadian government should take to promote a robust and solvent postal system. Her testimony, which built on eBay seller [mjwl2006's] testimony to the committee earlier this month, focused on the role Canada Post plays in supporting small business ecommerce in the country. Andrea also emphasized in her testimony that the government should be forward-looking in reform efforts and suggested that an update to Canada’s de minimis threshold would increase much-needed parcel volume for the Post."

Wow, I just saw this.  How marvelous!  We here were lucky to have you.  You clearly put some amazing effort into it. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

A link to Ms. Stairs testimony directly: http://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/XRender/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/20161031/-1/26061?globalstreamId=14&...

I can hear audio at this link but not view video. Nonetheless I would encourage everyone to give it a listen. Ms. Stairs is very well-spoken and it is interesting to learn more about ebay's relationship with Canada Post on a level that surpasses our everyday pack-and-print-postage-labels. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 7
latest reply