Can anyone tell me how to list items in my categories in my store.

Hi there

Can anyone tell me how to list items in my categories in my store?

When I post an item, it just goes to other in All Categories.

Any help would be appreciated

Robert

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Have you created Categories in your store?  

As far as I know, you need to use the Advanced Listing form to find your Store Categories at the top left-hand side of your page. 

Like so:

Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 8.41.37 PM.png

Do you see what I mean? There are ebay categories and then there are your own store categories that you can create and name whatever you like.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Have you created Categories in your store?  

As far as I know, you need to use the Advanced Listing form to find your Store Categories at the top left-hand side of your page. 

Like so:

Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 8.41.37 PM.png

Do you see what I mean? There are ebay categories and then there are your own store categories that you can create and name whatever you like.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

takes a bit to get used to this but yess go to your selling manager a create lists like collectables electronics and when you list something there will be a drop down menue of your categories and clik on your choice of where to put it hope that helps 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

To create store categories, go to your Selling Manager page (Selling Manager comes with store subscription; be sure to use it and not Pro which costs more) and then at the bottom left under Shortcuts or under the tab that says Manage My Store, click it and then it will take you to the Manage My Store page where you will find Store Categories under Store Design. Click on that. It will take you to Store Categories where you can Add or Create or Organize at will. 

Pick titles for your categories that are short and to-the-point, like something a buyer would want to use to narrow their search down of your items. You can create up to 300 Categories. You don't need that many unless you have an Anchor Store. I use 75 but many of those are sub-categories. On my storefront, the buyer sees less than 30 and that's plenty. 

Once an item is listed, however, you will have to individually Revise Your item to put it into a proper store category.

And once you have categories, learn to use the Listing Frame on your page. It offers your first 15 Store Categories on every listing page, ensuring it is easy for browsers to find your other items from any one of your pages.

Store Categories are one of the best things about having a store subscription, along with Markdown Manager and Vacation mode. Learn to use all to your advantage and best of luck. 

From the helpful hints section:

About Store Categories
List Item

Create a category and subcategory:
•To create a category, click the Add Category button at the desired level. 
•To create a subcategory, click the category name link, then click the Add Category button.

List Item

Manage your categories:
To rename, move, or delete categories, select the desired categories, and then click the button for the action of your choice. 

List Item

Move your listings to other Store categories:
Go to the Active Listings page in My eBay, select the listings that you want to move, and click the Edit button.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Oh, and one more thing: your Store Categories won't appear until you have an item listed within it. You could create 300 right now but until you had something in each one, it will only show Other which is the default.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks
Message 6 of 6
latest reply