Can the "ownership" of a Store be switched to another person?

I've been selling on Ebay for years and would like to liquidate my complete inventory to another person. Can my current store be passed onto someone else? Of course all the relevant data needs to be changed. Anyone have any experience with this?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

According to eBay, no.

But.

We had our Store on one ID run by various employees over the years, and we've changed the bank account attached to the Paypal account, and of course people change their addresses all the time.

Many people also change their names on marriage , or divorce, or to sound more 'Western', or because mum and dad were hippies and Galadriel Moonshadow Sunshine is really not a great name for the CEO of a major bank.

Your stock has a value of course but mostly what you would be selling with a Store is your feedback rating and perhaps TRS status. You may also be selling your repeat customer list.

Those are basically goodwill.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Congratulations on moving to an exciting new opportunity. 

p.s. I like the diecast car scale image you have on your listings. Where did you source it? 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

So just to update, I have downgraded my store to basic, was charged $137.00 for that and I am now wholesaling items as they end to local sellers. I'll be closing my store at the soonest possible date. Too many fees and way too much BS to deal with selling on ebay anymore.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I am curious as to the tipping point that lead you to this decision. What transpired?
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Honestly it is the HST on fees that was the final straw for me. I've been selling here for 15 years but I've been thinking of packing it in for awhile now. I do this for fun not as a business so when you subtract an additional 13% from my already very tight margins it just doesn't seem worth it. I remember the "good old days" when a basic store cost $15.00 a month. you could leave negative feedback and there were no fees on shipping and you could list on ebay.com in US dollars. Quite frankly I'm sick of ebay making all the profit at my expense. I have a feeling I'm not alone in my thinking and more and more sellers will be doing the same as me once they wise up!

Also, I used to buy a lot of items on ebay but now with the exchange rate and almost every item coming from the US charging over $20.00 for shipping I doubt I'll be buying much here as well.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I see. Well, I'm sorry to see you leave. eBay needs good sellers like you. Best of luck ahead.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Late coming in.

What kinda bs is those charges for. Did it have anything to do with your anniversary date? 

You changed your mind and that should be fine. They change their minds and want to charge us more and that;s ok for them.

They increase fees and they took away 10 percent from us on final value fee. I guess we are suppose to just accept this and keep smiling and give nice friendly service and all is good. I just had another sale go south as an the buyer said someone used their acct without their ok. This has happened more than once. I cannot even give negative feedback. My sales are falling at an alarming rate yet I have increased my listings over 300 additional listings. I have spent my whole career in sales. Over 38 Years. This is currently not working. The changes they have made are not working. Someone up the food chain must be new. There are reasons that Ebay employees have left just like so many stores that are closing. They just don't care. Look at the tone in the last email regarding tax.

They tell you to close your account if you don't like it.  The attitude is toxic.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 9
latest reply