Ebay store listings

If I opened an Ebay store, am I confined to selling at fixed prices, or can I still use auction type sales?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Ebay store listings

You can sell fixed price and auctions.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Ebay store listings

You can sell at fixed price and auctions.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Ebay store listings

Great, thanks for the help 🙂

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Ebay store listings

@krobert1964 wrote:

If I opened an Ebay store, am I confined to selling at fixed prices, or can I still use auction type sales?

Either, but it is biased towards fixed price BINs.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/storefees.html

Basic store has 250 free BIN (any category), 250 free auctions (in select categories) per month.

Warning: Store auctions with BIN added will cost extra (non-store are usually are free to add BIN to an auction)

-..-

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Ebay store listings

@krobert1964 wrote:

If I opened an eBay store, am I confined to selling at fixed prices, or can I still use auction type sales?

As others have mentioned, you can list in auction or fixed price format. Again as others have mentioned, a basic store has 250 insertion fee free Fixed Price listings in any category and 250 insertion fee free Auction listings in select categories. krobert1964 you seem to sell in the Video game category based on your current listings which is not in the categories for free insertion fee for Auction Listings.

My question is are you considering having a store? Be careful since there is more to making a decision to open an eBay store than what a new seller sees at first glance.

You are a relatively new seller with 30 active listings and a feedback score of 25 at this time. What are your current selling limits as shown in My eBay All Selling page? Usually the limits on new sellers is quite restrictive even after a year of selling a low number of listings. You may not be able to use the 250 free auctions and the 250 free fixed price listings available each month if the Selling Limits are lower than those numbers. Getting a store will not increase the selling limits on an eBay account.

Please note that Selling Limits count items, not listings. A fixed price listing with a quantity of 5 items will count as 1 listing towards your free listing count but as 5 items to your Selling Limits item count. Selling Limits count active running listing for the items count and dollar amount limit. How Selling Limits are calculated can be very confusing.

If you list an auction for 7 days, it will count as one item towards the active listing item count in Selling Limits. If it ends without a sale, the active listing count will decrease by one. Relist it and the count will go up by one. The net effect is it only counts as one active listing when running as far as Selling Limits are concerned. But as for insertion fee free listings count, it will count each time against you allocated free listing count which is cumulative as the month progresses.

Here is the eBay help page on account Selling Limits.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/sellinglimits.html

Having an eBay store has some benefits with the main one being reduced eBay Final Value Fees. Here is a link to an eBay calculator to decide if an eBay store will be cost effective to you in fee savings.

http://www.fees.ebay.ca/feeweb/feeillustrator

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Ebay store listings

"pocomocomputing" wrote:   A fixed price listing with a quantity of 5 items will count as 1 listing towards your free listing count but as 5 items to your Selling Limits item count.

I thought this as well, but was corrected by "recped" as follows:

That doesn't work, each item in a multi-quantity listing counts as "an item" if you have a limit of 10 items and list a multi-quantity listing with a quantity of 10 then you are maxed out.

Here is the link to that discussion:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Selling-Limits-for-a-new-Business-Account/m-p/362404#M741...

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Ebay store listings

@maggiebvintage2010 wrote:

"pocomocomputing" wrote:   A fixed price listing with a quantity of 5 items will count as 1 listing towards your free listing count but as 5 items to your Selling Limits item count.

I thought this as well, but was corrected by "recped" as follows:

That doesn't work, each item in a multi-quantity listing counts as "an item" if you have a limit of 10 items and list a multi-quantity listing with a quantity of 10 then you are maxed out.

Here is the link to that discussion:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Selling-Limits-for-a-new-Business-Account/m-p/362404#M741...

What is there to correct? I am saying the same thing as recped.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Ebay store listings

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 9
latest reply