How do I know if Premium or Anchor store level is best for me?

I am doing this full time and have just under 2000 items and trying to save money where possible. Would it be better for me to stick with Premium store level or go up to the Anchor?

I think I calculated over all and it would not be much difference the only thing would be the % I pay for the final sales if that would make much of a difference.

Thanks for you help

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As far as I know, FVF rates are the same no matter what store level you have.

The only savings is in insertion fees.

Here is the eBay.ca store fee page

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/storefees.html

Look at the monthly store fee for each level of a store. Look at how many free listings you get for each store level. Look at how much additional listing cost after the free are used.

You have 1853 active listings.

Of these, you have listings in the special insertion fee of 5 cents for categories of Music (421), Books (206), DVD and Movies (39) and Video Games (8) for a total 674 listing that are charged a 5 cent fee no matter what store level you are at.

With a Premium store, you get 500 free. You have 1853 - 500 = 1353 that you pay an insertion fee on. But what insertion fee rate? You have no control which 500 will be free as it is first come basis on GTC listings with auto relist. If it is a listing over 500 it renews in the 5 cent categories and you save 5 cents. If it is in the rest of the categories at 10 cents, you save 10 cents. So your monthly insertion fees can range a bit.

Assuming you get 500 free relisting of the 10 cent insertion fee listings, then you are left with 674 at 5 cents = $33.70 and 1353-674=679 at 10 cents = $67.90 for a grand total of $101.60. This is your best case insertion fee.

Assuming you get 500 free relisting of the 5 cent insertion fee listings, then you are left with 174 at 5 cents = $8.70 and 1353-174=1179 at 10 cents =$117.90 for a grand total of $126.60. This is you worst case insertion fee.

So the Premium monthly store fee of $49.95 (yearly plan) gives a range of $151.55 (best case) to $176.55.

An Anchor store monthly store fee of $179.95 (yearly plan) has 2,500 free listings and no insertion fees.

So the Premium store would be cheaper if you continue with the same amount of listings.

Now what you can do is use the fact that you can list 500 free on both sites eBay.ca and eBay.com. So you could save another 500 at 5 cents = $25 to 500 at 10 cents for $50 in monthly insertion fees.

There are issues with listing on both sites. On eBay.com you can only use flat rate shipping so it would be best to put items that can go Lettermail/Light packet 2cm and 500 gram limit. Keep items that are bigger and go with calculated shipping and Canada Post and variable shipping cost on eBay.ca.  Another issue is that you cannot combine orders on purchases from the same buyer on eBay.ca and on eBay.com. Is this a problem?

How does this analysis match your analysis? I hope I did my math correctly.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

As far as I know, FVF rates are the same no matter what store level you have.

The only savings is in insertion fees.

Here is the eBay.ca store fee page

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/storefees.html

Look at the monthly store fee for each level of a store. Look at how many free listings you get for each store level. Look at how much additional listing cost after the free are used.

You have 1853 active listings.

Of these, you have listings in the special insertion fee of 5 cents for categories of Music (421), Books (206), DVD and Movies (39) and Video Games (8) for a total 674 listing that are charged a 5 cent fee no matter what store level you are at.

With a Premium store, you get 500 free. You have 1853 - 500 = 1353 that you pay an insertion fee on. But what insertion fee rate? You have no control which 500 will be free as it is first come basis on GTC listings with auto relist. If it is a listing over 500 it renews in the 5 cent categories and you save 5 cents. If it is in the rest of the categories at 10 cents, you save 10 cents. So your monthly insertion fees can range a bit.

Assuming you get 500 free relisting of the 10 cent insertion fee listings, then you are left with 674 at 5 cents = $33.70 and 1353-674=679 at 10 cents = $67.90 for a grand total of $101.60. This is your best case insertion fee.

Assuming you get 500 free relisting of the 5 cent insertion fee listings, then you are left with 174 at 5 cents = $8.70 and 1353-174=1179 at 10 cents =$117.90 for a grand total of $126.60. This is you worst case insertion fee.

So the Premium monthly store fee of $49.95 (yearly plan) gives a range of $151.55 (best case) to $176.55.

An Anchor store monthly store fee of $179.95 (yearly plan) has 2,500 free listings and no insertion fees.

So the Premium store would be cheaper if you continue with the same amount of listings.

Now what you can do is use the fact that you can list 500 free on both sites eBay.ca and eBay.com. So you could save another 500 at 5 cents = $25 to 500 at 10 cents for $50 in monthly insertion fees.

There are issues with listing on both sites. On eBay.com you can only use flat rate shipping so it would be best to put items that can go Lettermail/Light packet 2cm and 500 gram limit. Keep items that are bigger and go with calculated shipping and Canada Post and variable shipping cost on eBay.ca.  Another issue is that you cannot combine orders on purchases from the same buyer on eBay.ca and on eBay.com. Is this a problem?

How does this analysis match your analysis? I hope I did my math correctly.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks for the imput. In my head I kinda got the same answer. I am border of either or but if I was to list a lot more like some people in the thousands then I think you are right it would be more better to go with the top store level.

thanks for the math it was great you took the time out to do that.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply