Is there no more email to Customer Service at ebay????

I have been through the so called "help" section and cannot find any access to an email page to contact ebay for assistance? Have they done away with that also??

Message 1 of 102
latest reply
101 REPLIES 101

terri*the*terrible
Community Member

Try the "CONTACT US" button on this page.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/index/A.html

Message 2 of 102
latest reply

terri*the*terrible
Community Member

It will take you to another page with another "CONTACT US" button. Clicking on the second button will give you three options select the appropiate option then you will get a telephone number.

Message 3 of 102
latest reply

Hi there, thanks for the info but that's where i went to this am and there does not appear to be an email option anymore just a "chat" option.  I just thought maybe I was looking in the wrong place.

Message 4 of 102
latest reply

Hi Guys -

Email is still an option to contact customer support for only for certain topics. The options you receive to contact customer support are based on keywords that you use in the search box to indicate what your issue is concerning. Depending on what the issue is, you'll be given an option to email, chat or phone customer support.

Thanks

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 5 of 102
latest reply

Oh well I did click on about 10 options and found none to have email.  My question is about my account and I tried the chat but was left waiting with no response so I gave up.  I do not feel that I should have to spend long distance fees to contact someone in the US only to be put on hold for another length of time.  I thought I could just send an email while I continue to work and wait for the response but it is not obviously available for my question.  Thank you for your response but my problem is still unresolved.

Message 6 of 102
latest reply

The problem I have is there is no way to contact your customer unless you use your presonal email or you got to there Me page and click their name or number. The problem with that is it then shows up in your log in box>>>>??What gives with that.

Message 7 of 102
latest reply

I also either contact live support or make the phone call to their 1-866 number. It is free after all but I did have to go through 4 people to get to who could understand and do something about my complaints and concerns. We shall see if email customer buttons come back to my sales receipts page.

Message 8 of 102
latest reply

Hi, here is the # for reaching E-Bay, 866-278-1053.

Also the E-Mail Addy is http://pages.ebay.ca/help/contact_us/_base/index.html

Message 9 of 102
latest reply

The contact buyer is supposed to be put back on selling manager. It has already been done on .com. You can reach your buyer by clicking on the item that they purchased and then item details, contact buyer.

Message 10 of 102
latest reply

That so called "email addy" does not have an actual email option.  It only offers chat or a phone number.

Message 11 of 102
latest reply

"That so called "email addy" does not have an actual email option.  It only offers chat or a phone number."

As recently indicated by an eBay staffer, some problems will offer two methods of contacting eBay support: chat or phone while a few others will also offer email.

Message 12 of 102
latest reply

Please see post #5, earlier on this thread, for an official answer from eBay staff.

Message 13 of 102
latest reply

Oh well I did click on about 10 options and found none to have email.  My question is about my account and I tried the chat but was left waiting with no response so I gave up.  I do not feel that I should have to spend long distance fees to contact someone in the US only to be put on hold for another length of time.  I thought I could just send an email while I continue to work and wait for the response but it is not obviously available for my question.  Thank you for your response but my problem is still unresolved.

Hi Secondsilver -

I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble connecting with Customer Support. A couple more points of clarification:

The phone number you are presented with should be a toll-free number and will not incur long-distance charges.

Hours of operation for Customer Support in N. America are 8:00am - 1:00am 7-days a week.

Thanks

~Kalvin

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 14 of 102
latest reply

The contact buyer is supposed to be put back on selling manager. It has already been done on .com. You can reach your buyer by clicking on the item that they purchased and then item details, contact buyer.

Hey Everyone -

Just a quick update on this- we are definitely aware of it and are working quickly to get it restored on .CA as quickly as possible. Thanks PJ for posting the work around!

Thanks

~Kalvin

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 15 of 102
latest reply

Sorry to say I do not have the answer to your question re: easier CONTACT US.  I have gone through the same rigamarole as you have several times. 

I have tried to contact CANADA POST the same way with the same infuriating results.  I finally contacted the Canada Post Ombudsman.  I had the Ombudsmans' attention within 12 hours and the Post office was about 2 days behind that with some assistance for me.

People at EBAY, CANADA POST and no doubt 1000s more companies seem to discourage contact than head to head emails.

I have also called the phone number provided.  The call lasted almost 50 (counted  'em) minutes and I got stock answers that I already in the HELP sites.

GOOD LUCK!!

Message 16 of 102
latest reply

Sorry to say I do not have the answer to your question re: easier CONTACT US.  I have gone through the same rigamarole as you have several times.

Hopefully the OP has gotten some answers since they asked the question in May. 😉

Message 17 of 102
latest reply

etrebilal
Community Member

Wait untlil Aliexpress gets a foothold in North America and see how fast they react and start listening when all of a sudden there is competition.

Message 18 of 102
latest reply

This is absolutely rediculous that we are not able to email these people!  I don't have time to wait on the phone when  a simple email would be fine.

I'm getting tired of ebay changing their policies to protect scammers who know how to run the system while the honest people are getting ripped off!!!

Ebay, you suck!!!

Message 19 of 102
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Although you can email to eBay but you will ALWAYS receive messages from eBay saying that you should CALL them!!  It is so silly!!  But that is eBay!!

Message 20 of 102
latest reply