Is there no more email to Customer Service at ebay????

I have been through the so called "help" section and cannot find any access to an email page to contact ebay for assistance? Have they done away with that also??

Message 1 of 102
latest reply
101 REPLIES 101

This is straight up discrimination. I'm disabled. I cannot use the phone.

I'm having a serious issue with eBay and I can't get in touch with customer service at all. I've been panicking for two days now.

I am disabled and cannot use the phone.
What does eBay expect me to do? Are disabled folks just not supposed to use the internet?

Not offering an email or live chat option is literally legal discrimination. This is a serious accessibility issue.

Why has this thread persisted for so long without some kind of resolution? How can this be allowed to happen?
Message 81 of 102
latest reply

Yeah I was trying to find it too. I went the phone route and it is long distance for me to call them since I live in Ontario, Canada. Then after going through it this way by phone she still couldn't help me or figure out what was going on with it. I went to get an item with the buy now and go to pay for it by pay pal and it came up and said I couldn't go that route.Even tho the seller said she accepted paypal as payment for the item.  And yet pay pal states I don't have to have any money in my account to buy anything. I had more than enough to cover it in my Other account that is linked to paypal.  When I emailed the seller she said that the paypal option was down and to check things on my end but I can't find anything and when I told the woman from e-bay that she said she would transfer me to somebody who could help me. Well I never did get to talk to them and I was on the phone for a good 20 or 30 minutes and all I got was music and recordings saying that your call was important to us please stay on the line or your call will be answered shortly. After about 5 times of hearing that I hung up. I mean my phone bill will be high enough as it is.  Then when I checked back they said they were closed and wouldn't be back online until 5 the next morning but I don't want to go through it all again and have my phone bill be even higher. That is why I was going to email them instead. Also too I don't know what category my problem would go under to do so.

Message 82 of 102
latest reply

There are no long distance charges if you use eBay's 1-800 number.

Are you saying that the eBay account that you are using is not linked to your PayPal account? If that's the case then the seller probably has their account set up to accept purchases only from buyers with a PayPal account so if the account you are using isn't linked, the system won't allow you to make the purchase.  To get around that the seller can put your eBay id on their 'buyer block exception list here:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderPermitLogin

Message 83 of 102
latest reply

I have bought and paid for 2 RC Cars for my grandsons for their Christmas presents. I did this in November and did receive 1 of these cars. I did have a tracking number and the weight stated 8 pds. I have sent. - resent and communicated with the help people who at first told me another one was sent December 25. I waited then started questioning when this also failed to appear I'm getting real upset with their nonsense and trying to tell me I'm just starting to ask questions now when I have over 25 requests into this matter. Nothing seems to be positive now and I want this car to fulfill my Christmas gift to my grandson. It is going on 3 months since I started this with eBay and I cannot believe their disregard of my requests and completion of their obligation to me as a customer Phone calls are next
Message 84 of 102
latest reply

taange8
Community Member

@secondsilver wrote:

I have been through the so called "help" section and cannot find any access to an email page to contact ebay for assistance? Have they done away with that also??

Having the same question in my mind. Thanks for posting this!

Message 85 of 102
latest reply

I am reading this as well. I am having great difficulty finding the email address on ebay.ca to even address concerns which either need a screenshot to explain as describing the problem is not really possible because the customer service rep i "spoke" to had no idea of what I was trying to explain. In addition, many people are not able to speak because they have lost their able to speak due to a congenital problem, surgery or injury should be able to contact ebay. You, meaning ebay, may find it faster and possibly even more courteous to use voice, but as I stated many people cannot speak or hear. That email lifeline for many, is their only possible way to communicate! Hiding it is not doing your hearing- and speaking-impaired customers any good at all!

Message 86 of 102
latest reply

If I could add some grief or frustration in contacting someone thru email and hoping to get a reply instead of

some pinhead in panama or wherever by phone. ..... Ebay is on the decline....If you own stock in this dud company, I would suggest to sell sell sell. Just paid $29 for shipping in global shipping and it hasnt arrived yet. 10 fricken days later!!!!!!!Its tracked to at least 4 different cities and counting.....A item the size of a iphone. Amazon would send this free and it would be in your hands in 3-4 days. .......Im finished here. Their glory days are over. Fire the board!!!!

Message 87 of 102
latest reply

I was looking at an item recently that was listed as shipping internationally but I was unable to get an automated quote for shipping to my postal code in Canada.

I decided to commit to the purchase anyway and hope the seller wouldn't price gouge me on shipping.

I tried to pay for my purchase but the cart won't allow it claiming the seller has not provided a total.

Contacted the seller to provide a total. Seller replied claiming the shipping is free but did not provide a total in the cart which still prevented me from completing the purchase.

I used the resolution center to see what to do about having trouble paying for an item.

I got the 'call me' option. That claimed I would get a call in 12 minutes.

I waited an hour. I received no call.

I tried to go through the resolution center again to get back to the call me option. Ebay support was now closed.

- seriously - it's 2017 and there's no way to leave you a message?! Not even an email!? For sarcasm sake here.. you do realize that you're doing business on "the internet" right?

My hours of free time don't seem to line up with ebay's available support hours very well so I went back to the seller again, explained exactly how the shopping cart was preventing me from paying him and asking him to provide a total so I can pay him and get this over with.

The seller replied again stating (contrary to the listing I committed to buy) that the item only ships within the U.S.

I attempted to go to the resolution center to deal with this.

Ebay support was again closed. Couldn't leave a message. No option to leave an email that goes to a support ticket tracking system. Have to wait and take time off work to submit a request for ebay to call me and hope that they actually call me this time or hope the seller responds to the request to cancel the purchase since they listed the item incorrectly and have wasted over a week over my time now.

Ebay - Your marketplace and your cart are great. I like shopping on ebay.

Ebay - this situation sucks. Your support policy sucks.Your lack of ability to send you a simple email sucks. I no longer like shopping on ebay and am ready to leave.

Message 88 of 102
latest reply

tdott84
Community Member
Not sure of others experiences on this post but I have had enough of eBay's BS.
I do think they are protecting the scammers of the world and I will NEVER deal with them again. I have had 1 positive experience with eBay and the rest were completely negative...I'm done Amazon is a much better site to deal with, at least I have yet to experience a negative transaction.
Bye bye eBay, sooner or later, you'll go down and be swallowed by a bigger fish!
Message 89 of 102
latest reply

Welcome to ebay!

Mark

😄
Message 90 of 102
latest reply

Good'ay Kelvin;

Below is an Email I got from PayPal. The problem was cleared by EBay without intervention by myself. So thank you.

Your refund 

Here are the details:

• Sender's name: 
  • Sender's email:
  • Your transaction ID: 
  • Sender's transaction ID: 

For more information on this refund, please contact the sender.  

Thanks,

PayPal

Message 91 of 102
latest reply

Hi I tried contacting eBay...waited for a call back ..never happened....a new seller with zero feedback did not reply to my messages regarding problems with PayPal or my credit card payment not going through...I asked him to advise or cancel...no reply...first time this has happened to me as I have over 500 feedback...ridiculous....now a case has been opened against me for not paying even though I tried resolving this with the seller...no way to contact eBay via email and they did not return my call request.

If this happens and I am restricted then good riddance they want to restrict my account for a measly $15 then bye! Enough with them ...I will take my business elsewhere...

Message 92 of 102
latest reply

yes I have been moving over to Amazon myself
Message 93 of 102
latest reply

PayPal is fairly easy to contact. Perhaps they can help you with making the payment?

As far as I know it takes quite a few unpaid item claims for eBay to do anything about it. If this is your first one I wouldn't worry about it though I can understand why you would be annoyed about it.  There are some sellers though who have set up their accounts to block buyers with two or more unpaid item claims in the last year. 

Message 94 of 102
latest reply

I didn't get my order  and i ordered it 2 month ago. please ebay do something about it. and no one buy anything from this seller just a waist of your money and you don't even get the order.

Message 95 of 102
latest reply

This is a user forum so it is unlikely that eBay ctaff will see your post.   If it less than 30 days past the last estimated arrival date you can put in a claim to get your money back through the eBay Resolution center.  If the seller cannot show with a tracking number that the item was delivered to your address you should receive a refund.     http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

If it is too late to open a claim with eBay and if you payed with PayPal you can sign into your PayPal account and file a claim there.  

It looks like your seller is in China although the item was supposed to be sent from within Canada so you should definitely have received it by now.

Message 96 of 102
latest reply

I'm having the same problem.
if ebay should  review this site my question is.

Hi,
I been an EBay member for many years now, but this year (2017) has not been very good regarding shipments out of China.
This year going back to February, I've placed three orders from China, and so far not one of them has arrive, the sellers have been very good in giving me a refund, with the most recent going to resend.
Not sure if the problem is in China, in shipment or in Canada.
Can you throw any light on this issue, because as it stands now I won't be placing an more orders with Chinese sellers.

Brian

Message 97 of 102
latest reply

Kalvin

How do you get help from ebay, this is crazy, your site just goes in circles ?????

Message 98 of 102
latest reply

Your customer service is terrible. Actually it's non-existent, as I have yet to hear from anybody regarding my complaint.  I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!  I don't appreciate being ripped off. Please ASAP on my 'not received' order!! (#272314338295).  I'm losing my patience, and I REALLY don't want to have to escalate this matter.  It's getting close to Christmas and I don't need this stress right now.  I guarantee you that I will NEVER order anything from ebay again, and I will tell anybody who will listen to also not order anything from ebay.  NOT IMPRESSED!!!!!

Message 99 of 102
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2011

The problem with zombie threads is that the responses may be out of date and inaccurate.

@gthe.s.vczw1aeujb

Did you open an Item Not Received Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page?

If you did, then the seller has to prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) or you will be refunded.

You have 30 days after the last estimated date for delivery you were given by eBay.

If you went past that date, you can still go to Paypal.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP page under Tools.

You have 180 days from Payment to open a Not Received Dispute with Paypal.

In either case, don't get hung up on the first suggestion that you Contact the Seller.

All you want from him is the shipping date, the service used and the tracking number.

Don't get into a conversation.

If the seller does not promptly refund you, ask eBay/PP to step in and Escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (again not shipping, delivery)you will be refunded.

Do NOT accept an offer of a 'replacement'. It won't arrive.

Do NOT close the Claim until you have either your purchase or your refund.

I'm surprised that Customer Service didn't tell you this when you phoned them.

Message 100 of 102
latest reply