Item not as described at all- can i report them somehow?

Item is not as described, and after days and days of emails I finally got a refund only by agreeing to modify my negative feedback. I did, and only have them 1/5 1/5 and 3/5 (instead of straight 1s). They are still emailing me saying I deceived them and what not (which I didnt...I said I would modify my feedback and I did). 

How do I report this seller as harassing and misrepresenting items? I've tried the resolution centre, but it appears I cannot open a case regarding this item. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

"got a refund only by agreeing to modify my negative feedback"

You agreed to revise the feedback in order to get a refund.

Instead of revising from negative to positive or neutral, you simply changed the wording of your feedback comment while leaving it negative with low DSRs.

It does not make the seller right but it is easy to understanding why he is upset.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

tpangamelville:

Here is a link to eBay's policy on feedback extortion, and how to report it:

In future if you receive an item not as described, here is the policy and process:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Also, you may find that you will receive better outcomes in the future if you contact the seller about any problems before leaving feedback, allow the seller the opportunity to set things right, then leave feedback and DSRs on the basis of the entire transaction, including how helpful the seller was about solving any problems to your satisfaction.  Always keeping in mind the deadlines for eBay or PayPal to help you out with a problem, of course.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I did contact them before leaving feedback. Approx 10 emails were sent back and forth over a few days with them refusing refund, so I left negative feedback, as everyone would do, and opened a case through paypal. 

The seller was not helpful in the slightest. 

Why should I change my feedback to positive? That is lying. Nothing about this was positive. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I get that. But that wasn't my question, so please move along if you can offer no help. 
I asked how to report them, not for advice on how to handle the seller. They are selling items that are misrepresented, and then refusing refund. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Wow, my post looks as if it got tortured!  Everything is mixed up together.

I did not suggest that you should change your feedback to positive.  In your position, I would report them for feedback extortion immediately.  I hope the emails were through eBay Messages, as that is the only proof for eBay that the seller was less than stellar.

Also, you can add a comment to your feedback at any time.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Perhaps you should consider using the normal Resolution Centre process, instead of trying to make up your own system?

The RC is at the bottom of this page.

Choose "Item Not As Described"

You will be told first to contact the seller. You have done that, to no avail.

Escalate to a claim.

You will probably be told to return the item to the seller. The idea being that neither party should have both the item and the money.

When you can show that the seller has received the return (you have to use Confirmed Delivery, or you will lose the claim) either he refunds promptly or Paypal will.

Then PP goes after him for their money.

And THAT is where the 'report' comes in.

Your feedback will probably be removed, but the penalties for having a Dispute are much heavier than feedback.

One contact with the seller should be enough to get a refund. No need for multiple emails and fuss.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Okay, ive gone to the feedback extortion page, and chosen to report seller. However, it leads me in a circle...just goes back to the policy.  Must i call them?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Use this link:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/feedback-extortion.html

Just above "What are the Guidelines?", click on Report Feedback extortion from a seller.

This should open a tab for eBay Customer Service:

http://ocsnext.ebay.ca/ocs/cusr?domain=Help&query=Feedback%20Extortion&from=1002952

Under "Need to Talk to Someone?", choose "The seller demands positive feedback" - on the right there is a section "Contact Us", click on "Call Us".  You'll be given a toll-free number and a password.  This should take you to someone able to handle your complaint.  Have all your information ready, and have patience - sometimes calls to eBay take a long time.

Good luck!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I did. But they refunded me, so now the item is showing as "unpaid" so I can do nothing more. 

I've send eBay a message on facebook, which is working nicely. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

So you have the (unwanted) item and your money back.

The seller has some sort of defect or violation on his account, no item, no money (including the money he used to ship the item which he paid his shipper with), negative feedback and whatever Detailed Seller Ratings you left.

If this is the Chinese seller you dealt with in the past month, please understand that 98.6% is mediocre performance at best. It appears however that his customers don't understand the importance of the DSR system, so he will go on selling until that average drops to 4.3 or lower.

The lowest Rating is ONE star. No stars is a free pass.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply