My Store is now on Vacation mode. My question is can I still ad new listings to my Store?

I've set my store on Vacation mode with the inventory still visible to buyers.

"This seller is currently away until 21 Jul, 2016. If you make a purchase, there may be a delay in processing your order".

The question is can I still "add" new listings to my store while it's in Vacation mode?

I've never used the "Vacation Setting" before so I'm not sure....

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

My Store is now on Vacation mode. My question is can I still ad new listings to my Store?

"The question is can I still "add" new listings to my store while it's in Vacation mode?"

Yes.

" with the inventory still visible to buyers."

In my opinion, that is a bad idea.  Whenever I put my eBay store "on vacation" settings, I always hide the listings. 

We all know some buyers do not always read everything and I certainly do not want a buyer purchasing an item, paying for it and waiting weeks (possibly) before the item is shipped.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you for your quick response....

I've always worked through the Postal Strikes in the past with very little problems (not that they can't arise).

I had a sale to a US buyer on Friday and he didn't read my message attached, by was completely understanding of the situation. 

I always communicate with buyers, especially if a buyer has just made an "offer" and I can address the situation before excepting it..

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I'm not sure that working through a postal strike is a wise idea anymore, especially since eBay now uses delivery as its sole metric for seller evaluation, and since all the messages about "seller protection" by eBay this time around have been rather vague and confusing.  

That is of course not to mention the fact that there are buyers who will be unhappy with extremely slow service, perhaps say nothing, but never return.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply