No Christmas for some sellers a Sad Ebay Story

Our stories start with a small family business trying to make a go of it that discovered Ebay a millennia ago.

Since that time they toiled & served maintaining a top seller status with a 100% good feed back too!

But then after a dozen some odd years an order was damaged by those usually trust worthy postal people.

So through no fault of their own some one became upset!?, they did their best to make all well

but for one stubborn customer who replied 

So the king issued a 21 one day hold on all coin of the realm for time of his command?

Then the family was allowed to return to their affairs & again there little company grew as did the feed backs!

But the King on that annual anniversary of that unfortunately event reinstated that edict if no money for 21 days!

After the third year the family of good hard working top sellers of a 100% made that all so fatal action of asking why sir?

Which resulted in slashing of their items from 500 to 90 in October. 

So the family with what little they had left tried to make the best, with that being the only hope of having some christmas sales to have a holiday of their own.

But The King had a special holiday surprise for them, for on the first day of December without so much as a memo, that little family sites was immediately discontinued! with out even a right to contrition nor appeal?

Moral of the story, Ebay is not part fo the United States, you do not enjoy any rites, no freedom of speech, nor appeals, neither adjudication with in a court of peers ( you can not afford it). 

There is no Holiday spirit, no hope of compassion, from those whose tyranny made a Stalen & a Grinch uncomfortable. 

So these days if it is a seller you wish to be

Then for ever be ready at the KINGS demand,

Nye question an order just simply bend over

and pucker up at his command.

This is meant to express a plead for fairness to be brought back to Ebay.

For if this can happen to us it could happen to you,

And it should not be happening in the US?

if you agree please send an email  return rokzone for the sake of fairness, fair play and good business!

or contact me at

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

HI

Sorry to hear about your issues.

If you can no longer sell, you need to deal with your store as Ebay will continue to charge you for it. If you are on annual, you may want to call Ebay to see if cancelled, you will still be penalized

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Over the past 2-3 years you have posted issues with eBay. Members of the forums pointed out to you that you links to your off eBay web site offering items for sale. You persisted in doing this and posted last year that you had limits.

Now in you recent listings, I see listing with choice listings, that is, a listing with a choice of two products in one listing. That is not allowed. In the listing, you post that you had limits and was listing two in one to get around the limits. So you circumvented limits and got caught and banned from selling apparently.

From eBay point of view, you do not follow the eBay policies repeatedly. What did you expect to happen?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Another-unprovoked-attack-by-Ebay-s-Customer-Dis-service-...

Looking at a recent listing, you were still breaking the rules - as recently as last week -  and promoting link to your website.

What did you expect?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Don't make the mistake of thinking this site has anything whatsoever to do with democracy.  It is a commercial online venue, privately owned, and they can make any rules they wish.  

If you were renting a store in a shopping mall you'd be subject to controls, probably of a different kind, but rigid and non-negotiable nonetheless.  

The key to long-term survival on eBay as a smaller seller is to know the rules and policies inside-out.  As 'poco'  and 'Pierre'  point out, your restrictions aren't mysterious or unfounded.  You should take their advice - very seriously, and soon, or the next step might be ejection from the site.  We would all have suffered the same consequences as you have if we were breaking the rules as you have. 

The problems you're currently experiencing are completely solvable if you take the time to study and follow the rules of the site.  You will find this is true of any commercial online site (except your own website of course). However, eBay's rules are the price of getting worldwide exposure to millions upon millions of buyers that you won't get with your own site, i.e. a trade-off that you can make work for you if you choose. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Once, the pre-Christmas ritual of decluttering produced bulging bin liners destined for the local charity shop. Now, thanks to online auction sites, household rejects can raise enough to fund the festivities – and thousands will be flogging unwanted possessions on eBay to do just that. But if one of these people is you, be cautious. Most savvy cyber-surfers realise the potential pitfalls of buying online from strangers; far fewer seem aware that buyers can also be unscrupulous and that, if they choose to pocket your wares without paying, eBay's system appears weighted in their favour.

In the case of one reader, Matt Mawson, the buyer managed to arrange a refund and keep the goods. Mawson sold an amplifer on eBay and dispatched it via a 48-hour courier service. "Within 36 hours of the sale the buyer emailed to say he needed it quickly and, because it hadn't arrived, he intended to claim a refund," Mawson says. "I instructed the courier to return the item to me and said I'd refund him when it was accounted for but, instead, the buyer arranged a forced refund via eBay while also taking delivery of the item – so he now has my amplifier and my money."

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/dec/09/seller-beware-listing-ebay

Message 6 of 6
latest reply