Opening an ebay store

Can I open an ebay store on ebay.com if I live in Canada?

If so how do I do it?

Thanks

D

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Opening an ebay store

@dianemather wrote:

Can I open an ebay store on ebay.com if I live in Canada?

Why would you want to do that?

A store works for either eBay site, it does not matter which site you open it on.

Big difference at the current time, is that the monthly fee for a .com store is in US$ and the .ca store is in CA$ (so you save 25% if you open the store on ebay.ca)

-..-

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Opening an ebay store

I have product that ships from the US so selling it in Canadian $ then having to pay in US $ I lose big time.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Opening an ebay store

You can open your store on ebay.ca and still list your items on ebay.com in USD. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Opening an ebay store

@dianemather wrote:

I have product that ships from the US so selling it in Canadian $ then having to pay in US $ I lose big time.

Where the store is has nothing to do with where you list. Your free store listings per month are good for both .ca and .com

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Opening an ebay store

Yes, where you open a store is not relevant to the USD versus CAD listing debate. It only makes good sense to make advantage of the lower CAD by paying for your Stores subscription in CAD.

On an unrelated note, the deadline for converting existing GTC USD listings on ebay.ca to CAD has been extended until Jan. 17 via Announcement this afternoon. http://announcements.ebay.ca/2016/10/19/7916/

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Opening an ebay store

@mjwl2006 wrote:

...On an unrelated note, the deadline for converting existing GTC USD listings on ebay.ca to CAD has been extended until Jan. 17 via Announcement this afternoon. http://announcements.ebay.ca/2016/10/19/7916/

Correction: January 16th. My apologies. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Opening an ebay store

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 8
latest reply