Please Help Thinking about opening a store

Think I will have to open a store as ebay has taken away most of my free listings. It would be great if those of you with stores can send me any positive and negative feedback for stores. This is what I have so far:

Positive

-More free listings some restrictions

-lower fees, I sell mostly in collectibles so 9 versus 10%

-can create categories

-buyers may track or go to my store?

-maybe more exposure of my product

Negative

-higher cost pay more to ebay

-time involved in store set up and maintenance

-more paper trail for government

Do I have to use global shipping from ebay with a store, does anyone have any data to show that stores make more $

Many Thanks for anything.... cheers

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Have you checked the fee illustrator to see if it would benefit you just price wise?

http://www.fees.ebay.ca/feeweb/feeillustrator

If the cost is going to be similar or less, I don't really see any negatives but to start out, it would be best to do the store month to month rather than sign up for a year subscription.  Even if the cost is more right now, it may not stay that way. The more you list the more you tend to sell.

Being able to create categories is a great benefit. You can also use the markdown manager to do sales and the vacation mode to 'hide' your listings if you are away.

The set up and maintenance of a store is minimal and I don't think that it creates any more of a paper trail tax wise.

No, you don't have to use global shipping. Noone 'has' to use and if you are in Canada you can't use it.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

cabe_iewp9
Community Member
  1. You have an eBay seller account and have placed your credit card on file.
  2. You must be PayPal Verified.
  3. To open a Premium or Anchor store, you can't have a seller performance level below standard.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply