Purchased template to change store front

chappyk
Community Member

Hi everyone, new to having an eBay store.  I purchased an html layout from w3layouts and 1) there are no instructions with the files on what to do with them and 2) I'm a newbie.  Is there shy one that can show me how to take the purchased files and affect my eBay store to look like the template I've purchased? Have folder with files but when you click on them nothing happens....feeling computer stupid right about now.  Hoping someone could help.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

File the template somewhere for  a few months and try to get rid of the Store.

You don't need one and as a newbie you can't list enough to make the $15-25 a month worthwhile.

At the moment you can theoretically list up to 50 000 items Free if you use Good Til Cancelled.

Even without that you can theoretically list 50 items free each month.

But the number and value of listings you actually can make is restricted until you have proved yourself to eBay and to Paypal.

Ah yes, PP will be holding the Cleared payments from your customers for 21 days until they are satisfied with your customer service.

You are still required to ship within 7 days of PP getting the cleared payment.

You can buy a  PP shipping label with the Held payment. And you get discounts of 5% to 17% on various services off the PO counter price.

Think again about a Store when you have at least 50 unique items to list.

When your Detailed Seller Ratings show up on your feedback page.

And when eBay allows you to ship internationally.

Stores are meant for sellers with large, slow-moving product lines. And usually with a lot of experience.

Meanwhile, build your feedback by doing some buying. Feedback is trust. And buying allows you to see eBay from the point of view of your customers, never a bad thing in retail.

Your first purchase should be a digital metric scale. Because shipping is the hardest thing to learn.

new to having an eBay store.

Do you already have an account with feedback?

If so, stop using it for buying and turn that one into your selling account.

As I said, feedback is trust. And someone with one FB is not yet trustworthy, You will be plagued by scammers and bottomfeeders.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for the info...nothing like jumping in to shark infested waters before wearing the right gear. i did sign up for a basic store but will leave it as is for now.  I'm going to do this slowly and try to make something out of this with higher end reselling.  I'm not sure but I bet because of how Canadian laws are and the dollar, it's probably harder here than in the States.  Either way looking forward and will continue to purchase.....so far my rating is good:)

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Laws? Not particularly.

Shipping? If an item is less than 500gm and 2cm**** thick it can go at a reasonable price as Letter/LightPacket.

But those services though fast and cheap, do not offer tracking or insurance.*

Once you get into parcel rates- ouch!

But our International rates** are not bad compared to USPS international rates, and most Canadians are more comfortable with shipping overseas***

Currency?

The drop in the loonie means that if you are buying Canadian goods (or used goods for resale) you are paying 80 cents on the dollar compared to your US competitors.

Same with shipping costs.

https://www.usps.com/business/prices.htm

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

In the 'good old days' many sellers made money just on the exchange. That was last year. With the new government the loonie is going up and many sellers are mourning.

Of course, if you are buying in USD, that's different.

*Search for Cookie Jar Insurance among the posts.

**Don't ship Surface

*** Read about the Global Shipping Program

**** Canada Post went metric in 1974 and any other measurments are going to be erratic.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply