RE OPEN STORE - IMPROVE CUSTOMER SERVICE ???!!

Recently closed store due to MUST Sell in Country Currency, however, visibilabity of sale items decreases alarmingly. I have tried calling Customer Service for two days (called 3 times a day put on Hold, soothing music, but no one takes call...of coarse recorded message plays: "Your call is important to us. Please continue to Hold", yes, so important it is ignored!) My thinking is Reopen store to improve Customer Service! Maybe I can become "somebody in EBAY's eyes again, however, lack of Customer Service may just reflect economic slow down and poor sales = employee layoffs and poor customer service. One can only wonder or speculate about the situation being alone and in the dark.

I have used the  Call me button multiple times but it has NOT Worked in two days also. At least that is consistent with Call Us Customer Service Button. I believe this lack of customer Service SHOULD BE BROUGHT TO SOMEONE'S ATTENTION. Consider this post an Observation or Complaint.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Recently closed store due to MUST Sell in Country Currency,

No.

Your Store can have eBaydotCA as its home, but you can still list on eBaydotCOM.

Or eBay.co.uk or eBay.co.au or eBay.de for that matter.

On each foreign site, you can list (only) in the national currency.

However.

When the customer Searches on his home site, he sees any listings available to his country in his national currency.

He doesn't see the 'foreign' currency until he opens the listing, and his own currency is also listed there.

And by that time your title, pictures and description should already have him interested.

however, visibilabity of sale items decreases alarmingly.

The three sales I got last night all went to the USA, one old one on dotCA in USD, one new one on dotCOM in USD and one new one on dotCA in CDN.

As a coin dealer, you are well placed to put all your listings on dotCOM, while keeping your account on dotCA.

The biggest problem sellers face with the new policy is not currency, in my opinon, it's shipping.

Your product, and mine, are ideal for Flat Rate Shipping.

You could even consider moving to Free Shipping. *

The sellers with problems are those with bulky products that require Parcel Delivery, and those with high value items that require Delivery Confirmation.

*DON'T PANIC! Free Shipping just means including the cost of shipping in your asking price.

Which is cheaper:

A $5 item with $1 shipping or

A $6 item with Free Shipping?

(Actually, I would make it a $5.99 item with Free Shipping, because most people 'read' $5.99 as $5.00.)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Only Anchor Store subscribers gain access to an upper tier of dedicated Customer Service on ebay. Regular store subscribers like Basic and Premium users do not: we experience what you have described for the most part. 

I usually sit on hold until someone eventually answers, allowing my head of steam to come to a rolling boil. 

This is from the Spring Seller Update http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/sprupd16/features-fees.html

For eBay Store subscribers 
Anchor Stores—New access to dedicated customer service

Beginning in May, eBay will introduce a new pricing structure for Anchor Store subscribers. With the new pricing structure, Anchor Store subscribers will receive new benefits including increases in the zero insertion fee listings allotment for both fixed-price and auction formats in nearly all categories. Canadian registered store subscribers will also receive coupons that can be redeemed when purchasing eBay-branded shipping supplies, and by July 1, exclusive access to customer service via a dedicated toll-free phone number and email address. 

How these changes may impact you: 

If you are an Anchor Store subscriber on an annual subscription, you will pay an additional $395 per quarter, and the value of the benefits that you will receive, excluding the value of new, dedicated customer service, is worth up to $1,495 per quarter.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

p.s. I hate the 'soothing on-hold music' that ebay plays. In fact, I've listened to it for so many cumulative hours that the first bar alone is enough to send my blood pressure skyrocketing. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

If you are asking if opening a store will increase your sales or if it will get you better service from eBay customer service...my guess is that it wouldn't do either of those things. Many sellers on both sites have commented on how slow May was for them so there may be a few different reasons for the slowdown.

If you want to make a comment on poor eBay customer service, you might want to post on the weekly eBay session on Wednesday so that the rep there will see your comment.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Recently closed store due to MUST Sell in Country Currency,

No.

Your Store can have eBaydotCA as its home, but you can still list on eBaydotCOM.

Or eBay.co.uk or eBay.co.au or eBay.de for that matter.

On each foreign site, you can list (only) in the national currency.

However.

When the customer Searches on his home site, he sees any listings available to his country in his national currency.

He doesn't see the 'foreign' currency until he opens the listing, and his own currency is also listed there.

And by that time your title, pictures and description should already have him interested.

however, visibilabity of sale items decreases alarmingly.

The three sales I got last night all went to the USA, one old one on dotCA in USD, one new one on dotCOM in USD and one new one on dotCA in CDN.

As a coin dealer, you are well placed to put all your listings on dotCOM, while keeping your account on dotCA.

The biggest problem sellers face with the new policy is not currency, in my opinon, it's shipping.

Your product, and mine, are ideal for Flat Rate Shipping.

You could even consider moving to Free Shipping. *

The sellers with problems are those with bulky products that require Parcel Delivery, and those with high value items that require Delivery Confirmation.

*DON'T PANIC! Free Shipping just means including the cost of shipping in your asking price.

Which is cheaper:

A $5 item with $1 shipping or

A $6 item with Free Shipping?

(Actually, I would make it a $5.99 item with Free Shipping, because most people 'read' $5.99 as $5.00.)

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Interesting comments. I agree on Dot.com. I was told by Customer Service 'Newbee' that because I reside in Canada that is the currency I would have to use...(personally, do not know what they were thinking, so I adopted a watch and see attitude). I will continue to list USD if given the chance (as that is where 80% reside and US customers do not like to change currency or pay conversion fee). 

I closed my store saw Sales decrease and Customer Service decrease SIGNIFICANTLY.  REOPENED STORE and experienced an Improvement in both Sales & Customer Service. Maybe it was luck or coin cidence! 

Thank You for your comments and I hope you are correct.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Weekly Ebay Sessions may serve only as a VENTING Session and may prove too time consuming.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Next to the 'soothing music & advertisements" comes the message: "We are expereincing unseasonal call volume; your call in held in sequence and someone will be with you shortly." More Customer DisService...better to hang up and come some other time. Femmefan 1946 had the most applicable comment. "Free"Shipping hmm...FREE!
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@imaschnore wrote:

I have used the  Call me button multiple times but it has NOT Worked in two days also. At least that is consistent with Call Us Customer Service Button. I believe this lack of customer Service SHOULD BE BROUGHT TO SOMEONE'S ATTENTION. Consider this post an Observation or Complaint.

I recently had the same problem - and over the course of a couple of days learned the following.

- don't use the "call me back" button - cause they won't they will leave you on hold till your phone batteries die.

- don't call them and then agree to their calling you back asking you to press 1 and they will call you back - they won't.

- call them and stay on the line - I did that this morning and they answered in under five minutes.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 10 of 10
latest reply