Shipping cost cannot be calculated. Please enter a valid ZIP Code

Calculate shipping from Canada to US  says Shipping cost cannot be calculated. Please enter a valid ZIP Code.  Have called twice about this and was told the first time that the problem was with my shipping options but then after changing all of them and the problem not going away was told i would not be able to use shipping calculator and would be contacted within 48 hours.  that was 3 months ago and after a few weeks of having to look up shipping costs for people around the world i gave up and stopped using ebay for a while .  I am still paying for the ebay store and so have decided to try again and still am having the same problem.  After a call to ebay support and changing my shipping options again i was told that the tech team was aware of the problem and others were having the same problem and again that i would be conacted within 48 hours to let me know a solution.  Somehow i have very little faith that phone call will ever come .  N e one with ideas please advise .  Please note i have changed all the shipping options on my items and this has not fixed the problem .

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Could you please provide a listing number showing the problem.

What are the exact weight and measurements of the package (as you have entered on eBay).  Metric measurements please is listing on eBay.ca, Imperial measurements if listing on eBay.com

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Also, what shipping service did you specify in your listing to ship that item

- to the USA?

- to the rest of the world?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

If you are using expedited USA your package measurements may be too small. The minimum measurements are 21cm x 14cm x .5cm Expedited within Canada allows smaller packages.

If you are using expedited USA you might want to consider using small packet air USA for your less expensive items as it is less expensive.

ebay customer service do not have any understanding about the Canadian shipping calculator so it always best to ask your questions here.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

The USA has zipcodes, Canada has postal codes.

If you are shipping from Canada but listing on eBaydotCOM you cannot use Calculated Shipping. All the rates are based on USPS services which from Canada you cannot use.

If you are listing on eBaydotCA, this is not a problem.

If you prefer to list on dotCOM you will have to use Flat Rate Shipping. For USA addresses, use the farthest flung code when calculating. I use 90210 from here in Ottawa. If you are in Vancouver you might want to use 20500, which is the White House. Make yourself a chart for weights and prices. There are fewer than you might think.

If you are in Vancouver, Toronto or Calgary, there are shippers there who will take your parcels across the border and ship with USPS. Remember to add a handling charge to your S&H to cover the (minimal) cost of this service.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Hi

Could you please name some shippers who take packages across the border to ship from Toronto

Canada Post is way to costlier to stand out in the competition

Thanks

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

http://chitchatsexpress.com/

They are in Pickering and I have yet to see any posting from an unhappy customer.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Who are the shippers who will do this from Calgary?  I too have the problem of high cost shipping.  Thanks

Message 8 of 8
latest reply