Still charging eBay store fee, closed store last month.

I just checked my latest invoice (May 15th). On their move of making CAD$ listing mandatory on eBay.ca,. I decided to close my store and pursue my business relationship with other venues. Even though I cancelled the store on April 30th, I got the message that the store would close on June 1st (so apparently they now want a 30 day warning or something ... I clearly remember closing an eBay store when there was no yearly subscription and it was effective immediately, they evend refunded you the fees paid in advance). Please note that I have NOT signed up for yearly subscription, I'm on a month to month contract (well apparently, a TWO MONTH to TWO MONTH contract minimum now) and I've been bumped like everyone else to their $25/month APPARENTLY advantageous plan (while I CLOSED the store on April 30th). 

So I'm like, well ok, let's give them that 30 days warning coming out of nowhere ... but now I get my invoice for May and even though it's clear as crystal that I CLOSED my store, they still charge me for subscription for the period of May 15 to JUNE 15 ($25!). I can't get through to phone support, they don't have chat/email support .... who's gonna answer this? How many extra months will I have to pay to FINALLY get this store closed? 

Anyone in that situation before? Did they finally get their story straight and closed your store on the date they apparently decided and did you get refunded for anything extra you had to paid?

Buyer's beware, there's something weird now about trying to close your store ... It's apparently impossible.

I guess I'll give it a few days to see if the situation got resolved for someone out there, if not I'll just have to blatantly TRY to close my eBay account and warn my CC companies ... can't believe eBay has come to this.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Were you closing your Store ? Or your account?

If it were your account, I suspect they wanted to keep it open until all possible deadlines had passed.

Buyers can open a Dispute for 30 days after the suggested final delivery date, for example.

(ie if eBay claimed a purchase would arrive between March 31 and  April 15, the buyer would have until May 15 to open an eBay Dispute for non-delivery or 'not as described'. )

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

The store.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

"I cancelled the store on April 30th"

I do not mean to be picky but at what time exactly (including time zone) did you cancel your store?  How exactly did you cancel your store/  Which link did you use?  Where was your store located ?  eBay.ca or eBay.com?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

ebay.ca, not sure of the time but it was early in the day (would it matter anyway to justify keeping it up until AT LEAST June 15 now apparently ...), cancel via the only method I think is possible (the subscription part via the manage store ... that's how I always closed my stores).

When I closed it I received a canned confirmation that wasn't even updated to reflect their new policy of 30 day warning since it mentioned that they would keep my data for the next 30 day in case I want to re-open ... well of course you will keep my data for 30 days since apparently now you KEEP IT OPEN for an extre 30 days after we close.

Yet in the latest invoice, they still charge the new $25 fee for May15-June15 subscription ...

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Oh and should I mention I don't have any link to close the store now, but yet I can "upgrade".

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

"would it matter anyway... "

In this case it does not but we have seen many examples over the years of sellers questioning a fee caused by the timing difference between eBay.ca (using EST) and eBay.com (using PST).

"cancel via the only method I think is possible (the subscription part via the manage store .."

That is the correct way to do so.  Unfortunately many sellers think that sending an email or posting a message of these boards would do.

"that's how I always closed my stores"

??? Do you have more than one eBay store?

"you KEEP IT OPEN for an extre 30 days after we close."

I do not think that is correct.  It may be a matter of overlapping monthly charge and credit.

It may be best to call them.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply