has anyone found a cost close price to ship from Canada to the USA, ???

i am talking about small packages under a pound from Canada to the usa,  the best i can find is about 29$ to ship to the Usa,, and that is too expensive.. let me know what you have found out?? thanks in advance..

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

@esclyons wrote:

i am talking about small packages under a pound from Canada to the usa,  the best i can find is about 29$ to ship to the Usa,, and that is too expensive.. let me know what you have found out?? thanks in advance..

my son checked out fedex there charge for something like 20lbs to us was 140.00 dollars versas can post for 60.00 so im guessing ,a minimum of 25.00 for a small package as you describe,sorry i dont hve better info for you,but im researching also,couriers are a tad rediculouse it seems,loomis may be cheaper think they changed there name here to dhl,sorry i wasnt more helpfull 

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

What is your location?

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

@esclyons wrote:

Location, location, location...

When it comes to shipping that really matters.

Also parcel size can matter (volumetric weight) with a large package costing more than a small package even though the weight is the same.

-..-

Two shipping comparison / shipping discount websites (they get commissions for purchases through them).

https://shipgooder.com/about-shipping-quotes/

http://secureship.ca/howitworks.aspx

-..-

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pity that Fed Ex or UPS or both are not brilliant enough to lower their rates below PayPal Shipping and I myself (I am in Canada) would switch to them immediately.  It would make Canada Post losing more customers like us.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

July is lost huge backlog now.Maybe Aug.Will give Kijiji & Craigslist a try.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Best price I found is $26.00 via Fed X. Can't afford to ship any small items now.

@esclyons wrote:

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Pity that Fed Ex or UPS or both are not brilliant enough to lower their rates below PayPal Shipping and I myself (I am in Canada) would switch to them immediately.  It would make Canada Post losing more customers like us.

That would mean FedEx would be hiring more idiots to deal with the higher volume (like now with the Canada Post strike/lockout worries).

I had a "delivery" yesterday where the FedEx idiot could not find "Unit B (back entrance)" and decided it was okay to drop a $600 shipment at the front door (Unit A) in plain sight of the street without getting a signature. By the time I read the delivery notice email and checked 1.5 hours later, there was no package to be found.  FedEx is currently "investigating", but I am pretty sure I'll soon be filling out a theft report with the local police for the local pawn shops to consult.

Man Mad

Note: Canada Post and Staples have had no problems finding the back entrance. And the same goes for the regular FedEx delivery woman.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

I guess they get what they pay for.

http://www.payscale.com/career-news/2011/07/ups-jobs

I think that chart means that the carrier starts at $12.50 an hour (USD ~$15CDN) compared with ~$24 (CDN ~$19.20USD) an hour for Canada Post carriers.  The job titles vary so it's hard to be sure.

https://www.glassdoor.ca/Salary/Canada-Post-Salaries-E8747.htm

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

I guess they get what they pay for.

http://www.payscale.com/career-news/2011/07/ups-jobs

I think that chart means that the carrier starts at $12.50 an hour (USD ~$15CDN) compared with ~$24 (CDN ~$19.20USD) an hour for Canada Post carriers.  The job titles vary so it's hard to be sure.

https://www.glassdoor.ca/Salary/Canada-Post-Salaries-E8747.htm

Still even with lower wages, one expects basic reading skills.

I'm now less stressed since the FedEx tracing department eventually (24 hours later) let me know that the driver had hidden the parcel under my neighbour's porch furniture. With the neighbour's permission and help I was able find and extract the box from the hiding spot.  But I'm not happy that the driver ignored the easy-to-see delivery instructions.

-..-

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Google "Stallion Express". I ship with them and they are WAY cheaper than canada post or ups or fede or dhl for anything you would want to ship to usa.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Great -----, if you are in the Toronto Area.
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

I ship regular to the US by Canada Post from New Brunswick and it only cost around $8.56 to most states.

I don't know where that price came from.

Go canadapost.ca and find the rate.

Hope this info was helpful.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

is there a chit chat or anything else in the london Ontario area..

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@raymonwheele_0 wrote:

I ship regular to the US by Canada Post from New Brunswick and it only cost around $8.56 to most states.

I don't know where that price came from.

Go canadapost.ca and find the rate.

Hope this info was helpful.

Yeah that's roughly the case. If I were to send, say, a video game via Light Packet it'd be $5.70, or Small Packet Air for like $8.56 or something. All you have to do to find the shipping rate is use Canada Post's website. Seems like the logical thing to do, right?

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

You don't have to be within driving distance to use Chit Chats.    I know lots of people in BC who are using Chit Chats ---and they are no where near their new RICHMOND location,  

They ship their packages to Chit Chats once or twice a week and still save money on shipping and get tracking on all their packages

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Small Packet air mail is about 11$ if its under 500 grams

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

0 to 453 grams and below can go anywhere in the USA for $2.60 usd to $3.65 usd and less  + 65¢ cdn.  Reaches the customer within 4 days and has tracking

Chit Chats BC is a blessing  🙂

Message 18 of 18
latest reply