listing design fees free

Okay, did I miss this all together or what.......but with the seller migration tool, and switching currencies and sites to list on, my invoice for the past two months has included "advanced listing upgrade fees"... when I called the first month and asked ebay I was lead to believe that it was all about the migration tool and double listing and a mistake.

Now with he second invoice I talk to them again, and I am told that there is a charge for "listing design fees".  Is that a recent change or.......I have always used turbo lister and used a design template from there, so now what.

My store is on vacation mode, and I was to to end all the listing to stop any further charges on next months invoice, which I have done....so are the designer fees on turbo lister free, and the ones on the ebay listing not?

Thanx for any insite.................

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

listing design fees free

The fee for optional "listing designer" varies depending on the duration and price of your listing.

It has nothing to do with Turbo Lister or the conversion tool.

For more information, please check the current fee schedule for stores:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/storefees.html

You will find the "listing designer" charge near the bottom of the page under Optional advanced listing upgrade fees

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

listing design fees free

Pierre, I read that but it didn't really answer the question....I have used tubo lister templates since I opened the store, and I can not ever remember a fee associated with it.  For example this months invoice included $390.56 in "listing upgrade fees", and last month (May)there were $246.62 in "listing upgrade fees", I have never had those charges before, and frankly can not afford or justify those charges... that is where the confusion for me comes from, like |I said I have always used templates, and never had these charges....any idea what I missed or what is going on?

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

listing design fees free

Could it be that something like International Site Visibility was mis-identified on your invoice? Or subtitles? Subtitles are free, for example, on French ebay Canada but not elsewhere. Picture Gallery? Boldface? 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

listing design fees free

The change in fee was announced with the Spring 2016 update:

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/sprupd16/features-fees.html

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

listing design fees free

Spring 2016 Fee changes (listings at over $150):

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/sprupd16/features-fees.html

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

listing design fees free

I had read that as well Pierre, but that is speaking of single itemss of over $150.00, pretty much all of my items are under that threshold..... no what?

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

listing design fees free

Take a look at the store fee schedule (link above)

You find a charge if $0.10 for listings with a duration up to 10 days and $0.30 for duration of 30 days (or GTC) for listings under $150

The Spring Update seems to address listings above $150 only

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

listing design fees free

@sistersweird wrote:

... but that is speaking of single items of over $150.00, pretty much all of my items are under that threshold..... no what?

When I go to list a 30-day item under $150, I see:

Listing Designer (C $0.30)

I vaguely remember that there used to be some designs that were free, but it looks like all now have fees.

-..-

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

listing design fees free

One more question please............was that .10 always there then Pierre?

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

listing design fees free

I do not know.  I never ever used that feature.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

listing design fees free

@sistersweird wrote:

Okay, did I miss this all together or what.......but with the seller migration tool, and switching currencies and sites to list on, my invoice for the past two months has included "advanced listing upgrade fees"... when I called the first month and asked ebay I was lead to believe that it was all about the migration tool and double listing and a mistake.

Now with he second invoice I talk to them again, and I am told that there is a charge for "listing design fees".  Is that a recent change or.......I have always used turbo lister and used a design template from there, so now what.

My store is on vacation mode, and I was to to end all the listing to stop any further charges on next months invoice, which I have done....so are the designer fees on turbo lister free, and the ones on the ebay listing not?

Thanx for any insite.................

Listing Designer always charged a fee. However, if you subscribe to Selling Manager Pro, Listing Desinger is free automatically. If you have a Premium of Anchor store, eBay Selling Manager Pro is free. Selling Manager Pro normally costs $15.95 a month. Selling Manager Pro subscription is for one site only. 

If if you have Selling Manager Pro on eBay.ca and listed on eBay.com, then Listing Designer would not be free as far as I know. 

So I suspect something to do with not having Selling Manager Pro which has Listing Designer free.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

listing design fees free

Ahh  Poco, I think that must be it, I had premium store an selling manager pro, but I down graded to "basic", cause I had to close the store, just everything happened all at the same time, the migration too, duplicating listing, losing listings and on and on and on........ Thank you!! man, what a horrible awful rotten time, - just a bit of a rant.  I have had to take everything out of the store, besides closing it, an I guess I now take the opportunity to relist everything one by one, and do inventory all at the same time..............arghhhhhh.  Thanks for listening..........

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

listing design fees free

Bummer, that is a huge sum of money to be stuck paying. The extra unfortunate part is that the CSR couldn't give you a straight answer when you called about it, after the first month it was on your account invoice. It would have saved you the second month of billing. Perhaps you can appeal to Accounts to be forgiven for the second month of charges since you weren't helped by Customer Service the first time you called for assistance. If they knew their job, they should have been able to pinpoint the source of the charges right off the bat. No? Am I looking at this wrong? They told you it was the migration tool and duplicate listings? That's just incorrect and it cost you an extra how much?

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

listing design fees free

eBay customer support is poor. But more important is the dropping of CAD option by eBay Canada without any idea of the extensive impact of doing this will be on eBay Canada sellers. Someone at eBay should know how their system works and what can happen in various scenarios like their selling tools and store levels.

Way back when the CAD only study came out and there were discussions on this, I brought up the question of Selling Manger Pro on one site and if it works on both sites if you have a subscription and the question was never answered. I brought it up a couple more times and no answer. Finally when the decision as made and a few months ago and a deadline was made, other sellers asked about Selling Manager Pro and never got answers on what happens to Selling Manager Pro users.

Someone at eBay should know what may happen but no one at eBay Canada knows their products and systems well because they do not use them. Sure they use them at a simple level and think they are easy to use. But not at a level I would call expert and be able to forsee what can happen in a situation like this.

I used Selling Manger Pro for 2-3 years and that was 2009-2011. Being a geek, I played around with it and the features so I got comfortable with it. Not what I would call an expert or I would have given better advice here on the forums. But someone at eBay Canada should have had someone at eBay who was an expert on Selling Manager Pro.

I would protest paying any listing designer charges because of the lousy support in helping find out why the charges are there and because no advice was available form eBay Canada before the CAD was forced on sellers.

The entire EBay Canada staff in Toronto should be fired for this debacle of CAD change for their lack of understanding of their system and impact on sellers and lousy migration tool. 

They should have made a study on how to migrate with real sellers who use their system and are not just pretend sellers on eBay like eBay staff. If they had to list on eBay Canada and have make a profit and suffer the glitchy system every day and migrate hundreds of listings, maybe they would know what is going on.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply