should i socialize more for people to buy our stores items?

I have recently started on ebay and posted some products. tough we have new and great items we have never sold anything. what might be the cause for this? is it because i don't buy from others users or i don't communicate with other users much? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I would say your selling stuff that is not an easy sell but i would suggest not having a store until you know your making sales...

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

you should buy for awhile b4 you sell to build up some positive fb

.people may be leary buying from someone without feed back

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Buyers may be reluctant to purchase from a seller with a zero feedback count. Also, the stock images associated with your listings certainly look professional but don't necessarily say you've taken them. You want to install confidence in your shoppers that you are, in fact, alive and well and in possession of the articles that you're selling. It's always a slow start selling until you've established a track record that ebay can utilize to rank you within the 'best match' search results. Best of luck to you. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

As others have said, it really would be a good idea to get some buying experience first before selling. 

Your item location is the U.S.  Are you using a dropshipper? That can very difficult on ebay as you have no control over the product quality, shipping time or whether or not the item is in stock but you are going to be the one rated on those things.You are also competing against other sellers using the same dropshipper.

You don't have any shipping prices to Canada listed. If you are using a dropshipper are you certain that they will ship here as quite often they don't. If shipping to Canada is available, make sure that you have shipping prices set up in your listings.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

No.

Your first step should be to build your feedback (trustworthiness) by doing some buying. This will also protect you somewhat from scammers who prey on newbies.

Next. Stop dropshipping.

Your supplier is the only one who makes money. You have hundreds of competitors selling the exact product, with the exact titles and the exact same description.

You need to be unique.

Do not sell anything that your do not have in your hand.

Any errors on the part of your supplier, whether in quality, or poor packaging, or running out of stock will hurt you, not him.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply