To our eBay Seller Community,

It’s been 24 hours since I moved into my new role as head of the Americas at eBay and I couldn’t be more excited about the opportunities ahead for all of us. eBay is a very special place, empowering entrepreneurs and small businesses to build and grow on our platform and I am looking forward to being actively engaged with you and the seller community.

I have spent most of my working life building and growing marketplaces, from the New York Stock Exchange, the world’s largest financial trading platform, to StubHub, the leading global live event exchange and now eBay, where I’ve been part of the senior leadership team since I joined the company more than 2 years ago.  I’ve also been a public advocate for the importance of small businesses in the global economy.

eBay is one of the world’s largest online retail marketplaces but at heart we’re a community of millions of sellers.

The power of a marketplace rests on its ecosystem – buyers, sellers, services and the technology powering the platform. It is critically important to balance a set of diverse needs to accelerate velocity and scale. Continuing to innovate on both the underlying technology and customer experiences are critical to our joint success. I truly believe in the transformative power of technology which is why I have spent much of my career leading technology-enabled marketplaces.

My immediate priority is to accelerate the momentum we already have in the business to drive us into the future—with your support. We have tremendous opportunity ahead of us and you can expect me and our team to stay focused on accelerating our business and delivering on our goals for holiday and the remainder of 2017.  We know that your success is eBay’s success and we’ll work hard to help you achieve your business objectives.

I look forward to meeting many of you in the future.

Scott