Browse the Community

Activity in Answer Centre

Item cant be shipped to Canada, but not returned to Seller

A package containing an antique oil painting was shipped to Canada from the U.S. via the international shipping program. After several weeks I received a notice that the item could not be imported to Canada (no reason given) and had my money refunded...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

New International shipping rates US to Canada

I've been a regular eBay buyer (never a seller) for over 20 years. We lived in the US for over 15 years, and when we moved to Canada several years ago, I was happy to pay what seemed like reasonable charges to have items from US sellers delivered. As...

• 32 replies
  • 6 helpful

Paid $250 total for an item (with shipping inc.) and seller put value of over $300 on custom form

The response from the seller "Dear Sir/Mam The query you asked is according to the rules of eBay by default.We don't import any taxes or extra prices.Regards" the value should be less than $200 since the price includes the international shipping but ...

trying to get a refund, HELP item never shipped ???

everyone knows UD Series 2 was pre-ordering at an increased price. I was willing and in fact did pay in advance for two tins at the inflated price. I was sured that by pre-ordering that I would receive my product once UD released them..... bought Dec...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! What's going on with discounted southbound shipping rates?

Ebay's discounted southbound shipping rate was supposed to expire on March 31st, yet it's still active (I'm NOT complaining).Did ebay issue a statement saying that it was extended or now permanent... and I missed it?I'm just concerned that the discou...

• 3 replies
  • 1 helpful

Should I go to the post office first

I've run into some financial troubles recently, and have decided to try and sell some life-sized busts I bought years ago. The only problem is, I have never mailed ANYTHING ever, I don't think I've ever even set foot in a post office.Do I need to go ...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Package hasn't moved for a week

I ordered a package from china on December 29th, the item is only a small blanket object that would come in a small package, it arrived in canada on the 8th of January and hasn't moved at all still, all it said is "arrived at destination hub" but not...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Need advice on Canada Post refunds for an item lost in the mail - sent tracked/insured

Been selling for 20+ years on ebay, always send packages with tracking/insurance. Package was sent to a US freight forwarding company (at buyers request, with the address provided on ebay). Used Ebay shipping lables, sent Expidited with extra insuran...

Not Happy with E-Bay

not a vary honest company, looking for ways to get out of problems they created. Will never deal with them again

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

HST on top of EIS shipping charges?

I bought something used from the USA and it was shipped via Ebay International Shipping. I can understand being charged HST on the value of the item (though used), but also being charged HST on the shipping cost just doesn't seem right. I can maybe u...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

International shipping quote problems

Are any other Canadian sellers having issues with their listings not giving international customers quotes on shipping?As of yesterday, my US customers wanting items that are over the weight/size limit for tracked package and is requiring to be sent ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canada into the USA letter mail is extremely slow!! Tracked packet is not an option!

I never had issues sending lettermail into the USA from Canada. This last 2 months I have received numerous requests for refunds!! I havent had to do that in the last 15 years!!! My items are paper thin and only sell for $15-$20. So tracked packet is...

Ebay customer service for seller

Hi guys, anyone here living same nightmare with the new policy of not having any customer support for seller. They now only offer offline scripted answers by poorly trained employees oversea. A simple issue of feedback removal can take weeks, tons of...

Getting started

We want your journey here to be as great as can be, so we have put together some links to help you get quickly familiarized with the eBay Community.