About EBay Shipping Supplies

It  looks like we are getting free shipping supplies if we have stores, but I can't find the details.

Does anyone know how that works?

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

I recall it was in the form of vouchers we could redeem for shipping supplies so until we're issued some kind of credits, I would say it's a game of wait-and-see. 

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Supposedly you get a coupon to redeem, but I need branded supplies like I need a terminal illness. Don't need to broadcast to doorstep shoppers in the US like Amazon packaging does. Great way to increase your INR cases.

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

I'm all in although I probably won't use the tape.

$50 free packaging 4 times a year sounds super to me.

However, this was supposed to start today and I've heard nothing so I'm wondering if Canada is left out in the cold once again?

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

"I've heard nothing so I'm wondering if Canada is left out in the cold once again?"

The question was raised weeks ago on the weekly board hour.  It appears that - for now - Canadians will be able to order from eBay.com (in US$) but will have to pay shipping and taxes until eBay has found suppliers in Canada.

Many threads about "tape" also discuss the subject on thsi board..

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

Thank You.

I'm thinking that when they start to send out these vouchers someone will post about it here.  I know some posters here also follow the US boards and I'm wondering if they've already started?

I'd hate to miss out on freebies and $200 worth of shipping supplies/year goes a long way.

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

Some posters on the U.S. boards mentioned they used it. They found the coupon needed by going into manage your store but when I looked yesterday I didn't see a coupon there so there might be a delay for us or else I'm just not seeing it.There might be a timeline mentioned in a weekly thread or the spring update thread but I'm not certain of that.

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

I found it, got to
"Manage your store"

look at bottom of the "store design" (under store management) right hand side

and there is a "subscriber discounts" item, the last in the list.

Clicking on that brings up the stuff that includes the special code we are to use...
Message 8 of 28
latest reply

Do you mean on the left? I don't see that. The last thing that I have under store design is HTML Builder

Perhaps you see it because you are a legacy user?

Do you have SM or SM pro...I have the first one so mine might be set up differently?

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

Thank You very much.

Found it. 

I wonder if the coupon is just for supplies or if it also applies to shipping cost.

Many of the items cost about $25 to ship.

The $50 could either be $50 worth of free stuff if you spend $50 for shipping OR

it could be $25 worth of free stuff including shipping.

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

"look at bottom of the "store design" (under store management) right hand side"

Is your store located on eBay.com?

When I re-opened my store a few weeks ago, I opened on eBay.ca instead of eBay.com where it had been since 2001.

On eBay.ca I do not see any link to those shipping supplies.

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

Hi PJC!

Ooos, I was pretending I was driving with my wife, if I want her to turn left I say right!

The column is on the left hand side.

Hi Pierre!

Hmm I always do everything (except this board) on .COM so I am doing "manage my store" from the .COM side.

I do have the special code to get stuff "free" so it is working for me that way.

As an experiment, I logged onto the .CA site and went to my eBay the normal way. When I clicked on "manage my store", it took me to the usual place but I see it popped me over to the .COM side at that time. So perhaps it is only working for stores on the .COM side?

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

People on .com are buying the supplies using   the value of the coupon..

They have described how to find the link... on eBay.com..... I could... not ... find such a link on eBay Canada

Nothing similar is available on eBay Canada.... at this time.

If sellers on eBay Canada  have to buy from a US supplier.....It should not matter  how the coupon is applied..

Free supplies... YES

No shipping cost... same as an eBay.com seller

No taxes   ...... although for those registered to collect GST/HST  this would be an Input Tax Credit...  NO PST

Then what if we are charged a "customs fee"  when the parcel crosses from the US to Canada

For Canadian sellers it should be "free" supplies with no other extra cost....  the same as that for sellers on eBay.com

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

"For Canadian sellers it should be "free" supplies with no other extra cost."

"should"  but Raphael has indicated that for now Canadians are expected to pay shipping and fee charged by Pitney Bowes.

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

If they're looking for a Canadian rep to handle the supplies so they can offer free shipping to Canadians. I'd consider that job.  Smiley Happy

How difficult can that be?  

Not!

Or, they could just use their beloved GSP and ship for free like they do in the US.  Put that albatross to good use for a change.

Message 15 of 28
latest reply

eBay wants us to buy the supplies... with eBay's logo on the parcels....

and then we pay the shipping and Pitney Bowes... in order to receive the supplies

They did raise the cost of having a store......    with free shipping supplies..........

So far nothing is available for purchase by Canadian sellers......

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

Yep I'm just going to wait to see if/when they source them here so they're free here.....have 2 months to see...

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

A new reality

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/25-count-eBay-Branded-Shipping-Boxes-18-x-14-x-12-/252331834445

Shipping to the US  is free

Shipping to Canada  has a cost of $26.46 US

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

25 boxes will cost us over $1.00 each

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

Not even using the gsp, so you could pay more when they arrive

Message 20 of 28
latest reply