After Receiving Delivery Notice Card

reyodah
Community Member

I've just received my delivery notice card from Canada Post. I went to the post office to pickup my parcel, but it hasn't arrived there yet, and they told me to come back tomorrow.

I really don't know what their procedures on delivering the mail to the post office, but his is really frustrating because the post office is only 8 minutes walk away from where I live. It makes no sense that it will take the next business day to drop it off at the post office when the post office is like less than a minute drive for them.

I know I can just patiently wait for a day, but still, I was told that the post office received several deliveries each business day. Why hasn't my package there yet? It's only 8 minutes walk away from here 😕

Anyone else got this problem?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It says right on the card when to expect your item to be at the post office so you can avoid extra trips. Did you read the card?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Because if the postie took the 8 minutes to walk back to the PO and then another 8 minutes to walk to your neighbour's house with his mail, and did that with the five or six parcels he can't deliver....

Never mind.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Yeah, I did read the card, but the delivery person didn't mark what time. On top of that, I've received an email notification that the item is ready for pickup. If that is the case, I was expecting to get it within the same day.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The person that's doing the delivery for the post office doesn't necessarily goes right back  to post office to drop off your item. They do their next delivery and come back at the end of the day to post office to drop off the items that were undeliverable. Probably somewhere around 3:30-4:00 pm. Then the clerk leaves a card in your mail box to let you know item has arrived at post office. That's why the parcel is not there until the next day sometimes.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply