Another customer service scam...

Let's say you buy something on eBay, you issue a request for an invoice including all charges and then pay that invoice when it is received.

Now the seller decides he doesn't want your money and doesn't want to complete the transaction, so he doesn't accept the payment.

You've paid, he hasn't claimed it, guess where your money is 😜 I't sitting in PayPals bank acount collecting interest until the transaction is completed or 30 days elapses at which point the money comes back to you.

eBay's response is it's not our problem, waste your money chasing the seller, we got our cut. PayPal's response is file a claim... but here's the catch, you can't file a claim on a transaction that was never completed.

It's becoming a problem here, all of a sudden I'm getting stuck in this bottomless pit too often... I've actully got a form now for submitting credit card reversals.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Muahahahahah, I found the back door....

Although the transacton is not completed and a dispute of not received can not be initiated, turns out you can initial a fraud dispute, fill out the form, submit it and then magically the 'reverse transaction' button shows up.... gotta write that down
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Now the seller decides he doesn't want your money and doesn't want to complete the transaction, so he doesn't accept the payment.

The only time you get to "accept" (or not) a payment is if it's sent to an email address not connected to any PayPal account. If you send it to a valid email address then a Seller can only refund they cannot refuse to "accept".

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply