Any ideas on how to decrease the number of non-paying buyers?

I've had problems with non-paying buyers before, but it seems like almost all my sales result in non-paying buyers now. I've blocked whoever ebay allows me to block (in terms of having a certain number of unpaid item cases), blocked anyone who's "bought" from me and not paid (and have ebay set to automatically open cases). A few years ago I edited all my listings to have a big long list of rules, which seemed to reduce the number at the time, but I think it's time for me to rewrite that again.

The only thing I know about that I maybe should be doing but am hesitant about is requiring immediate payment with buy it now - I do have the odd buyer who does end up paying a couple days later, and I also don't want to force people buying multiple items to have to pay before I can send them an accurate combined shipping total.

Is there anything else I can do to cut this number down?

I'm currently at 48% of sales being unpaid.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Any ideas on how to decrease the number of non-paying buyers?

You have already answered yourself. BIN with IPR. I quit auctions years ago. Same widgets in my store go for 2-3 times as much with immediate payment.

Multiple purchase folks you can always refund the overage.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

My concern is that they'll be more likely to just not complete the purchase if they see some ridiculous combined shipping charge, and not even bother emailing me to find out if it's less.

What's IPR?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

IPR = Immediate Payment Required

Message 4 of 4
latest reply