Anyone Else Experiencing Delays with CanadaPost Mailed Feb 22

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced delays with items mailed with CanadaPost on Feb 22, after the Monday holiday.

I've had enquiries from Buyers in US, UK and within Ontario saying they haven't received their shipments yet & it's been over 2 weeks. All mailed on that same day.

Tried to call CanadaPost Customer (lack of ) Service, but they're refusing calls and directing to their website, which of course says that they cannot answer all types of questions via email at this time!

Just wondering if anyone knows what is going on with them?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

I had one inquiry for goods mailed February 22nd to MD USA from ON. The envelope was finally received yesterday (on the tenth business days).
Message 2 of 37
latest reply

Strange as it may sound but I had an instance quite like yours that happened to me last year. I had a couple of packages that seemed to disappear and were both mailed on the same day. After an investigation by Canada Post it was realized that they were in a postal truck that caught fire and all items(not the driver) were destroyed.
At least it was a quick and easy claim! LOL
Message 3 of 37
latest reply

hetechnologies
Community Member
I have noticed it too. Actually, I'm glad you said something because I thought it was just me. Even Expedited parcels have been constantly messed up. I have been waiting for a package from Niagara Falls, a company I order from every couple months, and the tracking results showed as follows:
Item accepted at the Post Office, Shipping Information Received (day 1)
Item processed at postal facility (day 3)
Item processed at postal facility, Item processed at local delivery facility, (day 4)
Item out for delivery, Item on hold at postal facility to verify address of recipient (day 7)

And I'm still waiting. When I called Customer (Un)Support, they said that there is nothing wrong and I should receive it today or tomorrow. This is something I usually get the next business day.
Does anyone know why?
Message 4 of 37
latest reply

It's called "FAMILY DAY".
That's the excuse for the delays in that time frame that I got from CP.

AXE
Message 5 of 37
latest reply

"It's called "FAMILY DAY". " in some provinces including Ontario.

February 21st was also a Holiday in the USA: President's Day
Message 6 of 37
latest reply

pre-ownedbrands
Community Member
I also had more then my usual share of delayed shipping inquires and all were shipped on the 22nd.

I didn't think of the holidays. Thanks for clearing this up.

Although it won't matter to our customers it does solve the mistery.
Message 7 of 37
latest reply

The same with me also.

Bought an item from Hamilton on the 21st. As of yesterday the item had not been delivered.

Sent a nice message inquiring about the status of the item.

Funny thing, he mentioned he shipped on the 22nd also. I was worried as i have bought from him previously & have always recieved the items quickly.

Now after i have read this, i will give it a couple more days.
Message 8 of 37
latest reply

All 5 of the items that I shipped on the 22nd or 23rd have had inquires as to where the packages are.
For some reason the packages that I shipped on the 24th or 25th have already been delivered, yet out of all the ones on the 22 or 23rd only one was delivered today.
I came onto the board to ask if anyone else was having this problem or if it was just me. It was nice to see the thread was already started on the same topic.
Message 9 of 37
latest reply

Nothing so far for that date but I did hear from a buyer earlier this week regarding an INR which was mailed on Feb. 11 to an Ontario address no more than about 100 miles away.

I have had that happen in the past though. A bunch of packages mailed on the same day to different locations would all arrive late & I would have a flood of emails from buyers.
Message 10 of 37
latest reply

I had three more buyers asking where their items are just yesterday.
All were shipped on Feb 18th.
Because of Family Day, even though we got the item to the Post Office Friday afternoon, nothing was even picked up until the Tuesday.
CP has really been dropping the ball lately. X-(
Message 11 of 37
latest reply

Hi! My batch began on February 16th. Interestingly (from that particular day) it is only the Canadian lettermail that is slow, all the expediteds to Canada and the US arrived as per normal. I also have a fellow 100 KM away who didn't get....

I am getting about 3 times the normal volume of "where is my item" messages, I almost hate checking email these days....
Message 12 of 37
latest reply

Don't forget that Expedited falls under CP's guaranteed delivery standards - you can claim refunds for those items that fall outside the delivery guideline:

http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/pgservstds-e.asp#1378356

You can file a claim online - it does work, I just got refunds on 2 Canadian deliveries.

Ann
Message 13 of 37
latest reply

I happened to run into a CanadaPost driver picking up parcels at my PO and he said that CanadaPost had installed new software at sorting stations, so this may be cause of problems.

Take it for what's it's worth, but this is more than I could get by calling their Customer Service, where they either refuse to accept calls or sit in queue for too long to speak to a CSR.

It's been 2 1/2 weeks now, and none of my Buyers in Ont, BC, UK or US has yet to receive their packages shipped.

Lady at PO mentioned that a trackable Expedited Package mailed same day, Feb 22, just shows "Accepted at PO" and no update since.
Message 14 of 37
latest reply

I ordered an item from Hamilton on the 21st. Still have not recieved it.
Message 15 of 37
latest reply

After yet another customer complaint about not receiving her package, mailed on the 24th, I called Canada Post. After almost 30 minutes of being on hold I finally got through to someone.
The CSR told me that on the 22nd of Febraury Canada Post had a shortage of the containers they use to transport the mail to the US at the Toronto/Mississuaga location and that they have since been backed up with trying to get the mail delivered.
Still doesn't explain why the letter I send to QC on the 23rd of Feb still hasn't been delivered.
Message 16 of 37
latest reply

Or why the one I mailed to Belleville, Ontario on Feb. 11 still has not been delivered.
Message 17 of 37
latest reply

The seller is not returning messages on the item i bought on February 21st.

I have the feeling my item was never sent. Oh well i know what to do next.
Message 18 of 37
latest reply

magical-deals
Community Member
I'm glad i came across this thread.

I have about 30 packages air mailed internationally on Feb 22 with Canada Post, not one has been delivered, I called Canada Post today and i get the standard "we can't do anything until 45 days" response, I have escalated the issue to 2 managers and nobody can help me.

My domestic packages have been fine, I do about 40-50 a week, i have 1 package on Feb 28, was scanned on pickup and was never heard from again.

However, I do mail a lot international airmail, I don't have 1 package delivered from Feb 22 onward (all over europe and australia, sorry I do not send to US with Canada Post)

Maybe if they realize its not an isolated issue, they will act on this or give some answers

These are the 2 supervisors I spoke to when i called this number: 1-800-267-1177

Mike (Supervisor), Ottawa Call Centre x47
Lynn Fenton (would not give me an extension), Officer responisble for supervisors at the Ottawa Call Centre

I am mailing from the Toronto area, where is everyone else mailing from?

I use DHL globalmail for my US shipments, they are a lot cheaper than Canada Post (if anybody is interested, please msg me), I also send international air mail packages with them, but only packages that aren't worth too much, their insurance isn't great and delivery times are generally slower than canada post by a few days. For US though, their service is faster than canada post and i get tracking. They come pick up my packages in the GTA area and send them across the border for processing into the USPS mail stream. You can't use them to send 1 or 2 pieces at a time, usually they would at least need 40-50 pieces for a pickup. They can't send within Canada due to Canada Post rules/regulations.

This is so frustrating dealing with Canada Post, nobody cares, initially I thought maybe my packages were being stolen, at least that doesn't seem to be the case with so many people being effected.
Message 19 of 37
latest reply

Got the news today my lettermail envelope mailed on February 16th to Cambridge (this is an hour and a half away from my place) arrived today March 14th........
Message 20 of 37
latest reply