Automatically relist an item 3 times for free

Automatically relist this item up to 3 times if it doesn't sell - it's free to relist. Final value fees apply.

Are most sellers using this new feature?

I have to be honest .... I didn't notice this until recently, so I don't know when it came into effect (maybe it isn't a new feature).  It almost seems too good to be true, especially when the additional 3 listings don't come out of our monthly free allotment.

I'm wondering if the FVF's are higher, or is there any other downside that I'm not realizing?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Automatically relist an item 3 times for free

I tried the automatic relist on one item - it relisted, but used up one of my 50 free listings for the month! Glad I only tried one.

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

I don't know why that would have happened.

I had a dozen or so re-listed yesterday and they didn't count towards my free listings.

In fact, it states (at the end of the listing where the automatic feature is offered):

"There are no insertion or advanced listing upgrade fees for automatically relisting this item. This relisting won't count against monthly free-insertion-fee limits. Final value fees still apply. Selling Manager automation rules take precedence if used to relist and applicable selling fees for each relist will apply."

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

@julieo459 wrote:

I tried the automatic relist on one item - it relisted, but used up one of my 50 free listings for the month! Glad I only tried one.

Julie, is it because you have set up an automation rule in your "Selling Manager"? Because as jt mentionned, I also used that feature many times and it didn't take one of my monthly free listings.

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

I just tried it this week when I noticed the highlighted box notice.  I was sceptical too.  It really does work and it does not take any of my alotted monthly  listings.  One thing...for fixed listing I found I can not list more than one item for each listing....so if it sells I have to list again for items that I have more than one of.  I really don't care considering a 30 day listing becomes a 120 day listing...awesome!  The FVF is the same too...no increased rate.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

Yes, this has also popped up recently for me when I'm relisting items -- even on items I relisted at auction during the current promotion which were previously GTC listings.  I haven't noticed it yet on brand new (first time) listings though. 

Not sure what the criteria are for receiving these freebies, but I'll take anything that will reduce my costs -- gift horses and all that...

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

I did find one catch.  If you listed an item as a 10 day listing on one of the promotion listing offers...DO NOT USE THE FEATURE.  You will be charged for the upgrade for 10 day listing vs 7 day listing when it relists.

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Thanks for mentioning this, but yes, this had occurred to me too.  I thought it might also be an issue with the other upgrades offered during the current promotion (Gallery Plus, Bold, etc.), so I didn't select the 3x free relist feature on any of the promo auction listings on which I had anything other than "plain vanilla" settings.

Message 27 of 27
latest reply