Best time/day?

bonparhobby
Community Member
is there a "Best" time and day to end an auction?
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Best time/day?

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
4.00 in the Afternoon Eastern time Zone
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Best time/day?

zmzmxzm
Community Member
9:30PM Eastern time
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Best time/day?

bonparhobby
Community Member
thanks any day in particular?
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Best time/day?

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
We use a program that monitors sales on Ebay and the time they close , this is how we know that btween 4.00 and 4.30 is the best time . The best thing is to have your auctions close after the weekend . The would get viewed more.

Makes sense though ....most family sit down around 6:30 to 7:30 on the computer . Being that more then half the population live in the East Coast . We have had great profit from this time closing

Todd
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Best time/day?

Although in principle I understand and agree with your logic Todd, I'm having a bit of a problem reconciling your times here. If most families "sit down around 6:30 to 7:30 on the computer", and most of the population lives in the east, then wouldn't that be the ideal EST end-of-auction? How does the peak 4:00 to 4:30 timeframe jibe with that?

BTW, as far as DVDs go, Disney seems to do well on Sundays (no surprise there), plus for some reason, also Wednesdays (hump day boredom?). Comedy usually flies very well on Monday afternoons/evenings (back to the grind blues?). Foreign/artsier fare on Tuesday to Thursday evenings. Anything out of print and/or hard to find seems most likely to sizzle near the end of the week or on a payday (typically Thursdays or Fridays for me). As for Saturdays...well...ugh. Hate em. Maybe Horror/Music DVDs late at night. Otherwise, I'd rather buff the cat.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Best time/day?

deltone
Community Member
Just saw this on another board. VERY KEWL!!! (and easy)

http://www.bidbot.net/
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Best time/day?

Cool Tool!

Thanks for posting.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Best time/day?

whoscloset
Community Member
VERY NEAT!!!!

Monique

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Best time/day?

ospreylinks
Community Member
Very neat indeed.... It told me the things I am attempting to sell evidently have no market....

Jeff
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Best time/day?

deltone
Community Member
Here is another kewl link for checking out negs and neutrals. Again, easy and self explanatory.

http://auctiononlinedirectory.com/cgi-bin/negs
Message 11 of 11
latest reply