Blackthorne Pro

faerywishes
Community Member
I know this board is not the right board to go to about BT Pro issues. But I am frustrated and hope someone might know what to do. And going to the BT boards is overwhelming. I have emailed them about the problem 4 days ago but have heard nothing back.

Last week my store categories disappeared from BT. I have searched all through it to see what I could have done to eliminate them and add them back in, but I can't find it.

Susan suggested that I refresh "update seller account". That didn't work. I imported the listings from Ebay, that didn't work. I did the repair, that didn't work.

What if I deleted everything from BT Pro and then imported again, would that work? Or does someone else have a suggestion?

Colleen
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Blackthorne Pro

jakeeangel
Community Member
Blackthorne is being taken over by eBay. Those guys are out unfortunately. eBay is taking over the program & I don't think the BT people can help you.

Which BT boards are you talking about the ones on eBay or their own site? I don't bother with the eBay ones, I go to their own site to ask for help when I need it.

I played & added a category to my store on eBay & updated the seller account through BT & it went through fine. I see the category in Blackthorne. I don't think deleting everything is a good idea. You can't get it back & importing current listings won't get you your sales history plus it won't have anything to do with categories.

Have you checked on eBay to see if your categories are still there? Maybe something happened on the eBay end & that's why you can't get them in BT?
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Blackthorne Pro

faerywishes
Community Member
Hiya Jake

I went to the BT boards.

All my categories are on eBay but nothing on BT. There is absolutely nothing on the listing to even select a category.

I changed my Main Store categories to all capitals and I think that might be the problem as I think this might have happened around this time.

Thanks for your suggestions & time.

Colleen
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Blackthorne Pro

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Colleen,

Are you BT Pro or Basic? I should have asked you this before.

If you are BT Pro, or heck even if you are not......go to the PRO BOARD and ask BAM OR Cindy Stone, Rueben or Teresa Mooney FOR HELP.

In the subject put...QUESTION FOR BAM, CINDY, RUEBEN, OR TERESA MOONEY...PLEASE!

They are a wealth of information!

Remember....PRO BOARD...not Basic Board!

Susan
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Blackthorne Pro

jakeeangel
Community Member
Susan as the title says she's on Pro & she's wisely not bothering with the BT eBay boards. She's on the developer boards.

Colleen in the create tab in BT do you see the Store Category drop down tab? The one where you select the category you want the item to go in. Do you see that there? Maybe it's a case of you not having selected the tab to show in your display?

If you post a question on the boards you should be able to get emails when people respond to your question on the site. Check your preferences there.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Blackthorne Pro

jakeeangel
Community Member
Try this

Go to Options, then on the left scroll down to Interface. If it's not already, plus out Create Items. Then go to Category. Make sure you have the store categories checked off to display. You have the choice of 1 or 2 categories.

Doing that will let you see your store category drop down menu in the various BT tabs.

Does that help or is it something else?
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Blackthorne Pro

momoftwingles2
Community Member
jakeeangel,

I'm sorry that I did not read the title carefully enough. I was just trying to help.

Susan
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Blackthorne Pro

jakeeangel
Community Member
I know. 🙂 I was just pointing out the title.

OP do you have the latest version of BT?
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Blackthorne Pro

faerywishes
Community Member
Hiya Susan & Jake
Thank you both for taking time to help. Please don't ever apologize because you didn't see something that I wrote. I just appreciate you taking time to help. Also every suggestion is appreciate as you never know what may work.

I don't have the category tabs at all. Neither on the grid or item details. In speaking with Susan last night she had me go to a few places and I didn't have store categories for my grid. So I went and added them, but they only showed a number and nothing else. I have no idea what the number was for and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with eBay categories. I only have eBay Category & Item Specific at this point on the Detail.

I did have both categories selected when I go to options and creating a listing.

I did as you suggested Susan and posted the question as you said above. I did get 2 replies and it helped to fix 1/2 the problem. I now have both store categories on the grid only. It seems I didn't have All selected under View/Features. I then did a Seller Account Refresh and they appeared on the grid instantly. So I am happy at least that helps a lot. I have let them know what I have now and if they have anymore suggestions. I will try a reboot and see if that might help.

I'll let you know.

I really appreciate any help & suggestions.

Have a Great Night & Keep yours fingers crossed on the reboot.

Colleen 😉
Message 9 of 9
latest reply