Blackthorne question

Is it correct that Blackthorne only works with .com and not .ca?

Bernie

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Blackthorne question

Hi Bernie, I don't use Blackthorne however I do remember recped recommending it a while ago and I believe that he posts on .ca. If you don't get an answer here, you might  want to ask him.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Thanks PJ. A year or two ago I tried it and it worked with .ca. However, now there is a disclaimer that it only works on .com.

Bernie

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member

Hi Bernie,

I'm not on here very much and actually am surprised that I'm still here!  That being said......

Blackthorne works with BOTH .com and .ca.  You have to go into your settings and select which you will be using.  You can change it every time you do a listing OR you can leave one or the other as the default. 

Your choice.

BT is great!  It's got a steep learning curve and even after using their products for years and years....I was still learning new things to the very end!

You can also get good information from their Discussion Board which you may access through BT.

Have a good one!

Susan

momoftwingles2

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

"waves" Hi Susan, It's nice to see that you are still around. 🙂

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Is it correct that Blackthorne only works with .com and not .ca?

Bernie

I'm still around as well! Hey this board format is scary.....I think I'll go back to .com

Blackthorne on .ca, sure no problem at all, also .au & .uk

Heading out to the wilderness again soon but I'll try to drop back in later in the Summer.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Hate the new format.

Have a great trip and stay safe.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

out-boards
Community Member

I had BT and after a few months i cancelled, WAY to complicated for me and not user friendly. Had no use for it! My own opinion is to stay away!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Thanks Susan and all you others.

BT does work with .CA. However, it IS a steep learning curve lol.

Still trying to figure out where the alleged free templates are (or create my own) as well as to how to integrate eBay picture hosting, which in now included with stores.

Bernie

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Bernie, in my opinion, looking at your store and listings,  I would keep doing what you're doing. I like it...and you know what they say, "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it". 😄

Cheers,

AXE

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Axe,

A big issue with Auctiva is that the WYSIWYG editor creates weird formatting on eBay and every listing has to be initially revised. On many listings formatting simply cannot be revised properly.

There are other issues such as checkout, combined shipping programming and template adaption.

For $10/month Auctiva is an excellent tool. I was just looking for "more". Our store has evolved into a full-time business supporting 3 full-time jobs and a couple of part-time ones; hence I don't mind a more professional solution.

Bernie

Message 11 of 11
latest reply