Buyer left negative feedback after I issued a refund

I have had a perfect ebay account for years. 100% positive feedback.  A buyer claimed she got an empty box from me, that I just sent her a box with no item she won. I did send her  item but I can't prove it, then she agreed to a refund in a case she had opened against me. When she got her refund she still left negative feedback calling me a jerk.  Why are buyers aloud to do this ?

Another buyer demanded a refund after I sent several items to her and opened a case against me saying I didn't ship it on time when I had clearly stated the time it would take to get it.  Ebay refunded her money right away and now I see that all her items were delivered to her so now she got a full refund and all the items too.

Another buyer gave me the wrong address to send his shipment, his old address, after I sent it he started harassing me demanding I send his order and that he never received his product.

Why is ebay allowing these bad buyers to just ruin a sellers excellent account that they worked so hard to build?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am always amazed when buyers claimed that they received the empty boxes.  As if we would ship the empty boxes.

I think you can fight and prove with your shipping label, with size and weight.  Surely the empty boxes don't weigh like 500g or 1kg, etc. and then buyer claimed she/he received the empty box.  Try it.

As for leaving negative feedback after issuing the refund, we are at risk, regardless of what.  Never mind that we gave the refunds, we can still get negative feedback and have our DSRs trashed.  eBay like that!

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

"still left negative feedback"

It is not the two negative feedbacks that hurt.  The problem is with the comments from the buyer in those feedbacks.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I see your items are listed as being in the States.  Are you drop shipping?

If you are,  customers receiving empty boxes or late arrivals are a problem with drop shipping.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Ebay refunded her money right away and now I see that all her items were delivered to her

Send a polite note reminding her that she has not repaid the refund now that she has the goods. Enclose an invoice. Thank her in advance for her cooperation.

If it doesn't work, and you'd be surprised how often it does, you're no worse off.

Another buyer gave me the wrong address to send his shipment, his old address, after I sent it he started harassing me

First off, add him to your Blocked Bidders List. And notify your email provider that you want him blocked.

He can't do much with eBay, because he did not keep his contact information up to date.

Let him know, politely, that you will refund him when the parcel is returned, but that the postal services do not put undeliverable item returns in high priority, so it may take some time. Politely.

How much that refund is, is up to you. EBay allows reasonable restocking charges.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Sadly the OP is doomed unless they completely change everything they have been doing.

It's like they picked up a a get rich on eBay ebook that was written in 1999.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Basic rule of thumb with drop shipping. Do a high volume to make up for the non-stop problems.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Because they called you a 'jerk' in the feedback, I would ask ebay to remove it.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@cardzonejen wrote:

Because they called you a 'jerk' in the feedback, I would ask ebay to remove it.

eBay specifically states they will not remove this type of feedback.

These types of Feedback comments aren’t removed:

• Feedback comments containing accusatory language such as "fraud," "liar," "cheater," "scam artist," or "con man." Although this type of comment is strongly discouraged, it isn't removed unless it also contains content that isn't allowed.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I just noticed they added new option (or maybe it was there before, but new to me), at Purchases section - "Return this item" and "I didn't receive it". Looks like buyers trying to hit and see what happens next. Last two weeks have 4 request with different reason from I don't like it to I don't have it yet, but don't need it anymore.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply