CANADA POST DELIVERY STANDARDS AND DESTINATIONS UPDATE

While in the process of creating a pair of tickets for missed delivery standards this morning, I came across this page in the Canada Post Corporation website. https://www.canadapost.ca/business/tools/pg/manual/pgservstds-e.asp#1992442

It is important to note that, domestically, there have been delivery times recently changed to and from the Calgary sortation plant for certain domestic postal codes which it would appear then also affect delivery times for intentional destinations.

Also, the full list of specific delivery standards for Tracked Packet to each state within the USA TABLE 24 and the full list of countries now served by Canada Post Tracked Packet TABLE 28 and that is 31 countries plus USA which brings the total to 32.

The most recent four international destinations were added at the end of September and they are Italy South Korea Austria and Brazil.

Those four destinations have not been reflected yet in the ebay Calculated Shipping Tool.

Moreover, Paypal Shipping and Pitney Bowes still haven't updated many of those locations. Meaning, your buyer might be able to pick tracked packet to Portugal from the eBay shipping menu but you won't be able to print that postage online via paypal since it won't think it exists as a service option. 

When you have the time to do so, it is valuable to analyze the information contained in this link to see how it affects you, as a seller, especially since Late Deliveries are becoming one of the most important metrics by which ebay will evaluate its sellers.

Again, for the record, the full list of countries now served by Canada Post Tracked Packet are: 

Austria
Australia
Belgium
Brazil
Croatia
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Hong Kong
Hungary
Italy
Ireland
Iceland
Latvia
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malaysia
Malta
Netherlands
New Zealand
Poland
Portugal
Singapore
South Korea
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
United Kingdom
USA

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Thanks 'mj'.  Now we'll just get used to this and everything will change again in January as usual...Woman Frustrated

By the way, for any sellers who get stuck with a Tracked Packet going to a destination that is not yet shown on Paypal labelling, you can still create your label through Canada Post's ELC feature.  Just sign up for their "Solutions for Small Business" to get a business number in order to get the discount (and make sure you are signed into your Canada Post business account on their site before you process the label). 

Since the discount on TP through Paypal isn't much more than that on Canada Post, the occasional side-step to CP isn't too bad.   I must admit the CP version is less streamlined than Paypal, although it's less cumbersome and confusing than it used to be. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

The link above is de-activated. It has been replaced by the one here:

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGdeliverystds-e.asp

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

True if you use a Windows PC. EST is not compatible with Macs.

I did a check today to see where things stand with the missing Tracked Packet destinations. YES denotes you can print a Canada Post Tracked Packet label the way you should be able to and NO means it's still missing from the drop-down menu despite the service being offered.

Austria NO

Australia YES

Belgium YES

Brazil NO

Croatia YES

Denmark YES

Estonia YES

Finland YES

France YES

Germany YES

Hong Kong NO

Hungary NO

Ireland YES

Iceland  NO

Italy NO

Latvia YES

Lithuania  NO

Luxembourg YES

Malaysia YES

Malta YES

Netherlands YES

New Zealand YES

Poland NO

Portugal NO

Singapore YES

South Korea  NO

Spain YES

Sweden YES

Switzerland YES

Turkey  NO

United Kingdom YES

USA YES

So eleven countries are still missing Tracked Packet through Paypal Shipping.

I think I first discovered the lag almost a year ago. How long should it take to update the service? This seems a little bit silly. It wastes a seller's time (and money) to have to buy Tracked Packet at the postal counter for those countries. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

" How long should it take to update the service? "

To answer the question one needs to know who owns the problem. 

eBay will of course blame PayPal.  PayPal will blame Pitney Bowes (the administrator of the program).  Pitney Bowes will blame Canada Post.  Finally Canada Post will say: "Contact eBay, it's their site!"

A year later....musical chairs anyone?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yes, you are of course correct. I got that song when I called PayPal to report it at first.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for checking all those countries, M.

I know Raphael has it on his list as something Pitney B is working on - maybe with this info he can give them a nudge or a kick.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply