CANADA POST OUTRAGEOUS SHIPPING CHARGES !!

grade
Community Member

Am I the the only one on Ebay that has loss Ten's of thousand's of dollars in business  due to Canada Post's beyond sickening charges ????

Do you know what it costs to send international with a tracking # to anywhere in the world besides the USA ?

It has gotten to the point that due to Canada post I lose every week at least 3-5 sales due to shipping charges that are beyond the scope of INSANE.

So, anyone else out there getting screwed by CANADA POST ?

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: CANADA POST OUTRAGEOUS SHIPPING CHARGES !!

same here since january 19 all prices have gone up again almost 70% they were already to high know its impossible, they have no clue what they are doing we can not ship with them any more so they will loose big time, I for one will look for alternatives,know anything over a measly 500 grams is know 17.00 i think before was 11.00 what the are they thinking I am like you screwed can not sell anything any more that is over 500 grams that is a low value know shipping is more expensive than the item in box. Hey Canada Post your a crook and no one wants to ship with you any more

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2017

The problem with zombie threads is that the information in them is likely to be out of date and inaccurate.

For example, the Light Packet rate has disappeared and chitchatexpress is now available in Vancouver.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

Just a personal observation regarding the recurring issue with Zombie Threads. If you do a search for the attached topic using the generic words "Canada Post Shipping" 1 of 10 posts that show up is from 2019. The balance are from 2016 to 2018. I see the same when I've done a search for a new issue. For my results, it's set up with Best Match(Possibly the default or something people don't bother changing). If buyers/sellers are having a problem they are just choosing the first item that displays. For some folks, Ebay help is really not as helpful as it could be. (Help and Contact can be a merry go round also with its numerous broken links.) They just want a solution to their current problem and just bypass creating a new discussion or a last resort calling Customer Service.

-Lotz

PS. Any search results done for an eBay item giving similar results is entirely  _____________? Will leave that answer to your imagination.

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

when questioned about shipping cost I ask any potential buyer to: 

please direct complaints about Canada post shipping costs to:

Hon. Justin Trudeau PM
Office of the Prime Minister
Ottawa, Ont, Canada

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I can give the buyers choice of shipping as long as they include tracking numbers.

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

Better would be the Minister Responsible for the Post Office, which is a Crown Corporation.

The Honourable Carla Qualtrough, MP, PC

Minister of Public Services and Procurement

House of Commons

Ottawa Ontario

K1A 0A6

Fun fact-- Ms. Qualtrough is also the Receiver General of Canada and is the one you will be sending your income tax form to at the end of the month.

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

Ironically Canada Post will send your complaint regarding expensive shipping for free to the aforementioned address.
Message 27 of 31
latest reply

Technically almost impossible to blame any one particular party for the current state of postage rates in Canada. From 1979 to 2019 a 0 to 30 gram domestic letter has gone from 0.17 to .90(+ GST where applicable) with both the Liberals and Conservatives splitting the time in power during those 40 years. Different parties...Different increases. Any increases can be equally harmful. All we can hope for are temporary rate freezes and try to use any discounts in our favour/have the best assortment of packing boxes always at the ready. Any rollbacks would be extremely unlikely.

Timeline of Canadian domestic first-class rate increases:

Timeline

https://adminware.ca/checklist/chk_rate.htm

-Lotz

PS. Parcel rate increases are a whole other nightmare.

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

When the lowest letter rate was 6 cents, the Ontario minimum wage was $1.50 an hour.

The biggest jump was from 17c to 30 c in 1982(?) -- when we were paying 21% interest on our mortgage.

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

.63 to .85 a few years ago was an even bigger jump but as you know, it stayed there for a long time.

I don't have a problem with the letter rates at all but I do wish that they would have a lower rate for small packages within Canada.   It was $16+ to send a 95 gram package from Alberta to Ontario  the other day. ($13 for the same item sent Tracked Packet from Alberta to Florida)  Right now it costs me the same in Canada to send a 100 gram package as it does a 750 gram package...it would be a good start if  expedited or regular parcel had similar tiers as tracked packet - 100 gr, 250gr, 500 gr and so on. 

Message 30 of 31
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 31 of 31
latest reply