CP SHIPPING CALCULATOR?

19tigger73
Community Member
Hi,

Anyone know if there is a "shipping calculator" that can be inserted into auctions like the usps ones for the Americans?

I read about a "shipping module" and online stores on the canada post site...is this what that is?

Just curious as a tool like this would be very useful!

Last time I heard, a canada post shipping calculator that could be used by bidders did not exist yet....?

Paul.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

CP SHIPPING CALCULATOR?

nan*55
Community Member
I don't think there is one available. I would love that option!
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

CP SHIPPING CALCULATOR?

karensvariety
Community Member
This is a link to one I found. It is not perfect but I held on to the link thinking maybe the html could be altered to suit my purposes as I really don't want to offer so many shipping choices.

http://www.alouwebdesign.ca/canship/index.php
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

CP SHIPPING CALCULATOR?

aabros
Community Member
xcellento
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

CP SHIPPING CALCULATOR?

19tigger73
Community Member
wow,

seems like a good start!

were you able to alter the html to make it better?

thanks! Paul.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

CP SHIPPING CALCULATOR?

19tigger73
Community Member
hmmm...

this calculator would only work if everyone were shipping from the same postal code.

It'd work perfect if there was a space to input one's postal code, along with the package details.

Or am I missing something..?

Paul.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

CP SHIPPING CALCULATOR?

shoplineca
Community Member
All they have to do is model it after the USPS postage calculator. As an example: http://postcalc.usps.gov/
is the one used for domestic, individual milings . They have one for commercial as well.

All that is needed is the first 3 digits of the Postal code here and in the clacultor CP could set up, we should be able to imbed our postal code to make it easier for the customers.

After all CP has their electronic shipping tools anyway for calculating postage.

Malcolm
Message 7 of 7
latest reply