Calculated shipping is OVERCHARGING !!!!!!

I'm just getting totally fed up. I did a large bunch of listings on .ca last night - used TL to create them and I had updated the program.

It appears that all my listings for items under 1k where I had input 515 grams and 21 x 21 x 22 cm size show up with postage to my own postal code as in the $25 range......should only be $9 and change.

When I looked at 2 of the listings I see that the weight is over 31 pounds and the box size is 21x21x21 INCHES. THAT IS NOT THE INFO I FILLED IN!!!!!!

What in the world is going on! Now I have to go in and individually edit about 30 auctions !

OK ebay - you want us to provide the info for calculated shipping.....at least have the courtesy to make the listing program work!

Anyone else having this problem? Is there a workaround?
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Sounds like Ebay hired some one who doesn't know that Canada Post uses metric weights and measures. Perhaps some one related to the person that refueled the Gimli Glider?
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

After having to end 28 listings and redo them using the pita syi form and spend over a week chasing down promised credits, I thought I was out of the woods.

I listed a batch of auctions last night using T/L - my measures are set at metric and I input the correct amounts. To my horror, once again many of the items are showing up with triple the postage that should be charged.

I opened a couple of the listings to try and edit them and to see if the shipping fields were in imperial which could have caused a problem........but no - everything looks fine so I can't fix it!!!

I do have support trying to figure out what is wrong, but that doesn't do anything to solve the problem. I really don't want to have to end a whole bunch more listings, but buyers will certainly be scared off from even opening my new listings when they see the postage!

I can't believe that I'm the only one that is havng this problem!
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I have never used TL, is there a setting where you can change from imperial to metric?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

whoops, didn't read #2!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Still no resolution from tech support or info as to when this glitch will be fixed.

If anyone else is having this problem, I discovered yesterday (after wasting hours) that if you open the offending item, click on edit, make no changes but go to save and save it, it will fix the problem.

This is very similar to a problem many US sellers where having last year when international shipping would not "stick" but show as domestic only and domestic only would change itself to "pick-up only".

What crppy coding!!!!!
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

miriam@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi bits-n-pieces,

Let me check in with Rodney and Lilybean about this problem - they know calculated shipping better than anyone I know. They may know what causes this and how best to fix it.

Back shortly ...

Miriam
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Calculated shipping in Turbot Lister works just fine.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

thanks Miriam. I'm certainly reluctant to fire off a whole bunch of listings from TL and find out that I have to go in and edit every one.

I will wait till I have confirmation that the glitch between turbo and ebay has been solved.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Yesterday I listed an auction with calculated domestic shipping for 1.3 lb, 20 x 30 x 5cm parcel.

eBay is calculating $11.50, while CP website estimates $6.47 to send it to myself (L7P1L5).

Does not look like working.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Hi - you have a mix of metric and imperial in your measures - which is it? I always get a bit of a difference (when it is working) between the CP/ebay calculation and actual cost because of the discount but I charge the calculated and keep the small discount whenever I get one 🙂

Update on glitch.....it doesn't affect all users which is probably why it hasn't been fixed. I have been told since November that tech is working on it - yeah right! It still happens to me periodically. Sometimes on every item in a batch, sometimes only on some and sometimes all will be ok.
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

bits-n-pieces, you are right. The sizes were in inches, not centimeters, so once I changed it to 12 x 8 x 2, the calculated shipping got more accurate 🙂 My mistake.
Message 12 of 12
latest reply